Ford Focus RS Forum banner
941 - 947 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nitrous Blue RS - Mountune prepared - Stratified tunned
40 Posts
i just want to add to this. Ever since posting this I’ve had a thought in the back of my head. So at the same time as the diff bushing install, I also did sway bars and the fûcking garbage whiteline end links. My
Car has more noise and clicks and squeaks etc but I think I spoke too soon.

with the powerflex street RDU bushings x3 there is no extra vibration or noise, but you do notice engagement of the diff. If you’ve owned rwd cars then it’s more akin to the ‘driveline shunt’ you get when you’re on/off the clutch at low speed. I realize now that the feeling is what made me go and double check the torque of the bushing bolts.

totally still fine and would probably be not noticeable at all in other cars (I have the motor/rmm/trans mounts too)
I also have a kind of "clunk" in certain contidions (low speed mostly) with the yellow bushings.
I was worrying for long time...checking the bolts, removing the bushings to listen, checking the oil for metal particles, filming the diff when driving....
Finally, sound seem to be normal and learned to live with it, and since hard raced a lot with it.
At the end, it just show to use that the bushings are greatly improving the response of the rear axle.
I also have fully upgrade the front axle and engine mounts bushings and here too, suspensions and gearbox additional noises...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from the new member!

After successfully installing RDU 16 tune + softstick, I realised T16 is not really usable with automatic launch control which I have in my tune (no Cobb to switch it off). The car behaves like it has a differential welded solid (I know, I know it is not a real diff), and skips and jerks like hell when maneuvering slowly. I think this is what Kacper called "undesired but expected effect" couple of hundred posts back. So, I attempted to move to T5 or stock, and here is where problem started.

I am not able to connect to Carloop anymore! Using the same computer that worked flawlessly before, three different cables, reinstalling the DaftRacing VM, I get the same "driver error" when trying to switch from host-recognised Photon to VM-controled Photon. Carloop basic seems to work fine as a softstick dongle. The white led pulsates as expected. It is recognised by Windows 10. It is just the VMWare / DaftRacing VM that cannot install drivers for it. The issue is even before the "connect to OBD" step. The last thing to try is reinstalling VMWare Player.

Can I reset Carloop somehow? Was anyone faced with this problem?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello from the new member!

After successfully installing RDU 16 tune + softstick, I realised T16 is not really usable with automatic launch control which I have in my tune (no Cobb to switch it off). The car behaves like it has a differential welded solid (I know, I know it is not a real diff), and skips and jerks like hell when maneuvering slowly. I think this is what Kacper called "undesired but expected effect" couple of hundred posts back. So, I attempted to move to T5 or stock, and here is where problem started.

I am not able to connect to Carloop anymore! Using the same computer that worked flawlessly before, three different cables, reinstalling the DaftRacing VM, I get the same "driver error" when trying to switch from host-recognised Photon to VM-controled Photon. Carloop basic seems to work fine as a softstick dongle. The white led pulsates as expected. It is recognised by Windows 10. It is just the VMWare / DaftRacing VM that cannot install drivers for it. The issue is even before the "connect to OBD" step. The last thing to try is reinstalling VMWare Player.

Can I reset Carloop somehow? Was anyone faced with this problem?
I had a hell of a time with my Carloop. The thing is full of bugs and tidbits of information all being spewed by a single LED. I offer no advice, but don't give up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
don't give up!
And behold - after pressing the setup button while trying to connect to VM it did work. Not sure it was the key element - after that it worked every time without pressing anything. T5 flashed - jerking seems to be gone (after driveway test). Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
392 Posts
Exciting times! I just hope one of the new Fords has a stronger RDU, drive shaft, etc... that is compatible with the RS. Eventually someone is going to venture into the danger zone.

941 - 947 of 947 Posts