Ford Focus RS Forum banner
921 - 940 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is absolute in this sense.

We are flashing RDU with modified software, no need to keep it connected afterwards
Hello, guys!
I have Carloop basic and I want to reprogram ABS module on my 2017 RS to get driftstick mode.
Does this require a hardware unit that needs to be plugged into the OBD2 constantly?
Will this mode be activated without carloop in my OBD2? And how can I return Ford Calibration?
Maybe there is a way to get a driftstick mode without disabling the factory calibrations FORD BRAKE ASSIST?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello, guys!
I have Carloop basic and I want to reprogram ABS module on my 2017 RS to get driftstick mode.
Does this require a hardware unit that needs to be plugged into the OBD2 constantly?
Will this mode be activated without carloop in my OBD2? And how can I return Ford Calibration?
Maybe there is a way to get a driftstick mode without disabling the factory calibrations FORD BRAKE ASSIST?
You have to plug it in, flash the software and then you can unplug it after. It doesn't need to stay plugged in. If you want to reflash to a factory calibration you can doing the exact same method

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Yeah it’s great. One of the big benefits over the Ford drift stick is that you can use the “soft stick” in any drive mode, as long as tcs/scs are off. Whereas the Ford driftsfick needs to be in drift only with tcs/scs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah it’s great. One of the big benefits over the Ford drift stick is that you can use the “soft stick” in any drive mode, as long as tcs/scs are off. Whereas the Ford driftsfick needs to be in drift only with tcs/scs
Did you try this mode?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Did you try this mode?
Yes, I’ve done it a few times. For its intended purpose it works extremely well, but like anything would take a lot of practice to get good at it.

I installed it for ice racing but covid had everything cancelled.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
2 Posts
Forgive me if this is a dumb question/comment, im still new to this platform. With adding more power to the RDU, should we start to worry about the driveshaft and/or the bushings in the RDU? I know they make stiffer bushings but I haven’t seen much about the driveshaft. Is it stupid to worry about that or just install this and have fun with it?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Driveshaft is not something I’d worry about. I think a lot of us who’ve done the RDU tuning have also gotten the powerflex diff inserts. @Hank got the black race ones and said NVH was so bad it seemed like something was broken. So under his recommendation I got the yellow ‘street’ inserts. No different in NVH or feeling over stock

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Nope. I even did back to back track days during a heat wave for us (39°c ambient, 60°c track temps) and both days I never got the warning

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
392 Posts
Though since the RDU temp is inferred, I don't think this re-tuning would affect the algorithm that guestimates the RDU temp. Does anyone running an RDU tune have a temp sensor on their RDU?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
392 Posts
Nutron Pro-Moto now do PTU / RDU coolers if your worried about excessive heat 👍
He does? I just looked and didn't see anything like that. I also noticed he doesn't offer that OBD2 device that selects your mode for you anymore.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Not everything is listed on the site. Best to email them and they can let you know if they have it in stock

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but did anyone see the last picture on the Nutron Steering Wheel Button Mod page?

Looks like Kacper's RDU tweaking taken to the next level. RDU +/- setting, ICE on/off, ESP on/off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need a 2.4.X, or later version of Forscan. 2.3.41, from your screenshot, dosen't include this functionality.

It's not as simple to obtain as the, currently, standard versions and they pulled 2.4.1 after it inital release because people didn't understand what they were doing: FORScan v2.4.1 release notes - FORScan forum . If you have paid for Forscan and can demonstrate some (better) understanding of the tool you can reach out to support and ask for a version with the functionality you want.

That said, while certian versions of Forscan are capable of this, it may not be the best tool to use. It may be worthwhile to look at other, faster, options rather than take the additional risk, and time to learn.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for

·
Registered
2019 Nitrous Blue RS - Mountune prepared - Stratified tunned
40 Posts
Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but did anyone see the last picture on the Nutron Steering Wheel Button Mod page?

Looks like Kacper's RDU tweaking taken to the next level. RDU +/- setting, ICE on/off, ESP on/off.

It's certainely Tomek's own carloop interface.
I have his interface on my Carloop, and he updated to a new version last year with his own functionalities accessible via Carloop wifi (default drive mode setup, esp on/off, auto start/stop off, tyres monitor, RDU and PTU live temp,...), but since, no news...
He told that he will update software with "on the fly" RDU calibration switching.
I suppose that he succeeded in it, and should be really cool to not connect pc to the car everytime.
I will try to check if he posted an update (crossing fingers)

·
Registered
2019 Nitrous Blue RS - Mountune prepared - Stratified tunned
40 Posts
It's certainely Tomek's own carloop interface.
I have his interface on my Carloop, and he updated to a new version last year with his own functionalities accessible via Carloop wifi (default drive mode setup, esp on/off, auto start/stop off, tyres monitor, RDU and PTU live temp,...), but since, no news...
He told that he will update software with "on the fly" RDU calibration switching.
I suppose that he succeeded in it, and should be really cool to not connect pc to the car everytime.
I will try to check if he posted an update (crossing fingers)
:cry: He still work on the new version and should wait more!!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Driveshaft is not something I’d worry about. I think a lot of us who’ve done the RDU tuning have also gotten the powerflex diff inserts. @Hank got the black race ones and said NVH was so bad it seemed like something was broken. So under his recommendation I got the yellow ‘street’ inserts. No different in NVH or feeling over stock
i just want to add to this. Ever since posting this I’ve had a thought in the back of my head. So at the same time as the diff bushing install, I also did sway bars and the fûcking garbage whiteline end links. My
Car has more noise and clicks and squeaks etc but I think I spoke too soon.

with the powerflex street RDU bushings x3 there is no extra vibration or noise, but you do notice engagement of the diff. If you’ve owned rwd cars then it’s more akin to the ‘driveline shunt’ you get when you’re on/off the clutch at low speed. I realize now that the feeling is what made me go and double check the torque of the bushing bolts.

totally still fine and would probably be not noticeable at all in other cars (I have the motor/rmm/trans mounts too)

921 - 940 of 947 Posts