Ford Focus RS Forum banner
901 - 920 of 947 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Ever tried the Handbrake?

Turns AWD off ;)
youre asking if I ever just blindly pulled the ebrake and then dumped the clutch? No I haven’t.

is that really a thing? Ebrake on the rdu just turns off? Why do people disable to awd on the dyno then with Cobb? The ebrake is already up, why do extra steps?

·
Registered
454 Posts
youre asking if I ever just blindly pulled the ebrake and then dumped the clutch? No I haven’t.

is that really a thing? Ebrake on the rdu just turns off? Why do people disable to awd on the dyno then with Cobb? The ebrake is already up, why do extra steps?

Edit: quote

Reactions: misterchonger

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my carloop all set up, was able to run the virtual machine all the way to the point of plugging in to the obd2 port. I just want to double check that the Lincoln MKZ tune will work on a fusion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings from Australia. With some autocross / motorkhana events that I run I, I have the RDU flash and love it. But because our cars are right-hand drive, we don't have access to use the Ford Performance Driftstick. Does anybody have a CAD of the driftstick we can use to make a unit for our right-hand drive setup? I have access to CNC, but not a design to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Email Tomek at Nutron ProMoto, they do a drift stick L or R hand drive and software to install

That;s who we got the package off. Awesome bit of kit and Tomek is fantastic to work with. Amazing support. The moulded two piece handbrake leaver is nice, but I'm looking for something in alloy or steel !! He is not willing to give up his design, so i respect that, and just need to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure I just successfully loaded the T16 file on my RS using FORSCAN and the ODB Link EX. Saying pretty sure because I just had shoulder surgery so I can't really drive my car yet. But I'm bored so I couldn't wait, lol. I had to slightly deviate from the video instructions, but not too much. It went through the loading process quickly and said all was successful at the end. I was also able to reverse my car in the driveway and drive it back up without issue so seems to be all good! Was really nervous doing it though, haha.
Glad to hear you were able to get forscan working with this mod but I seem to have no option on my forscan to install new module data.
There is that video from legitvirt.com where the guy does the mod on a lincoln and he has 2 entries for awd modules and he chooses the one without "as built" but on my car there is only 1 option for "as built".
Any tips on how you got it to work on an RS?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Update in this thread. I finally got back to the track after months and months of already being tuned.

totally different beast. Car felt way more planted on corner exit and wag less understeer into corners. I could not recommend this mod more to anyone! It’s absolutely a game changer on track.

first day I did have “awd off” message twice which is usual if the RDU gets too hot. But the second day on much hotter temps I didn’t get the message once.

99% sure it is a loose wire for the oem dampers as it happened twice on the drive home after, only when I turned on track mode. I don’t think it was the temps causing any issues

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Update in this thread. I finally got back to the track after months and months of already being tuned.

totally different beast. Car felt way more planted on corner exit and wag less understeer into corners. I could not recommend this mod more to anyone! It’s absolutely a game changer on track.

first day I did have “awd off” message twice which is usual if the RDU gets too hot. But the second day on much hotter temps I didn’t get the message once.

99% sure it is a loose wire for the oem dampers as it happened twice on the drive home after, only when I turned on track mode. I don’t think it was the temps causing any issues

What suspension do you have?

@Si2RS had a similar issue in AutoX

·
Premium Member
457 Posts

I went back through the thread to check & it looks like you had the t16 tune at one point. Is that still what you're running?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
You need a 2.4.X, or later version of Forscan. 2.3.41, from your screenshot, dosen't include this functionality.

It's not as simple to obtain as the, currently, standard versions and they pulled 2.4.1 after it inital release because people didn't understand what they were doing: FORScan v2.4.1 release notes - FORScan forum . If you have paid for Forscan and can demonstrate some (better) understanding of the tool you can reach out to support and ask for a version with the functionality you want.

That said, while certian versions of Forscan are capable of this, it may not be the best tool to use. It may be worthwhile to look at other, faster, options rather than take the additional risk, and time to learn.

Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Line

901 - 920 of 947 Posts