Ford Focus RS Forum banner

861 - 880 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't have the opportunity to test it on a Pro but it should work. It's a different particle device indeed (electron instead of photon) but should work as we also shipped electron firmware.
Hi Mate

The VM listed in Hanks Guide appears to be an old version. I just used the latest copy of the VM from the link below (yours) and the diff tune worked perfect on the Carloop Pro. The ABS tune is showing as "no calibration found" when trying to flash. Is there a newer release available than the one quoted in Hanks Tutorials? I can't seem to Find anything?

EDIT tried third time and its now flashing.

Again, a big thank-you to Kacper, Hank and anyone else who had the slightest input into making updates like this available to morons like myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, I've rethought my approach here. I'm taking the eBay listing down and will instead give it away here. It's a basic unit carloop sent me by mistake. I'd like this to be seemless and easy for myself. I will pay shipping, hopefully it is not exorbitant.

So, if you're in North America and don't have a carloop yet: tag me (don't reply) in this thread with "@BlueFreeze I would appreciate the gift" and I will choose someone randomly next Saturday.

Please do not steal this opportunity from our fellow enthusiasts if you already have one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have my fingers crossed someone in Canada is chosen. For reference, I live at the furthest point away from a place like LA in the contiguous NA.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
@BlueFreeze I would appreciate the gift, and happy to pay my own postage for the privilege.
Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don’t despair, it always take a few tries. You need to flash the Daft firmware on the device first, then use the flashed device to flash the car.

As for the drift feature you need both the (presumably Ford) driftstick ABS firmware flashed to the car, then a Carloop + photon/electron connected to the OBD port with the Daftracing firmware on them.

The gadget’s firmware basically monitors the handbrake switch signal continuously on the CAN bus when some conditions are met (notably ESC fully OFF), then actively sends a command to the modified ABS module to lock the wheels when it senses the handbrake switch is ON.

The feature will not function without the Carloop connected to the OBD port as the Ford driftstick firmware in the ABS module does not monitor the handbrake switch directly, it just sits there and reacts to a specific (new) command that locks the rear when activated.

Something external to the car has to send the lock command, and that’s what the DaftABS firmware does through the Carloop in response to the handbrake switch signal.

Technically, anything connecting to the CAN bus could send that command at any time and for any reason, it is just logical to send it in response to the handbrake switch.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Tight, wet course that opened up to several optional sections this morning for autocross. My build thread will be updated shortly with details. It did eventually dry out in the afternoon. However, before the event I flashed the RDU back to stock due to the 90% rain forecast. Back to the basics on stock calibration. No push whatsoever. Launch was a little less dramatic than fixed with the higher multiplier, but I still took FTD again. Even beat the shifter cart guy!

Just suggesting that you may not want to flash a RDU multiplier and stick with it. Check your variables and see which one (if any) will work for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, I've rethought my approach here. I'm taking the eBay listing down and will instead give it away here. It's a basic unit carloop sent me by mistake. I'd like this to be seemless and easy for myself. I will pay shipping, hopefully it is not exorbitant.

So, if you're in North America and don't have a carloop yet: tag me (don't reply) in this thread with "@BlueFreeze I would appreciate the gift" and I will choose someone randomly next Saturday.

Please do not steal this opportunity from our fellow enthusiasts if you already have one.
@BlueFreeze I would appreciate the gift

That's very generous! I'm quite interested. I'm in the Ottawa capital region.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi Mate

The VM listed in Hanks Guide appears to be an old version. I just used the latest copy of the VM from the link below (yours) and the diff tune worked perfect on the Carloop Pro. The ABS tune is showing as "no calibration found" when trying to flash. Is there a newer release available than the one quoted in Hanks Tutorials? I can't seem to Find anything?

EDIT tried third time and its now flashing.

Again, a big thank-you to Kacper, Hank and anyone else who had the slightest input into making updates like this available to morons like myself.

@Happyflaps
Just to clarify, you were able to get the ABS tune to work with the carloop pro using the latest VM? Did you do anything with the PDC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Happyflaps
Just to clarify, you were able to get the ABS tune to work with the carloop pro using the latest VM? Did you do anything with the PDC?
Yes mate. ABS tune worked on the third go. Haven't tried to remove PDC yet but should be easy to just type the command into terminal while it's connected. My leg is in a brace atm so haven't gone further. Might do it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Yes mate. ABS tune worked on the third go. Haven't tried to remove PDC yet but should be easy to just type the command into terminal while it's connected. My leg is in a brace atm so haven't gone further. Might do it tomorrow.
Great thanks for the response. Let us know how it goes with disabling PDC.

Hope you heal up soon from whatever happened to have you end up in a leg brace.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
😪

Reactions: BlueFreeze

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone used this tune with Ford's Driftstick? I'd like to buy the DS but I want to stay in quiet normal mode when hooning. It's like a machine gun in other modes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone is looking to purchase a Carloop I have one extra

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I didn't have the opportunity to test it on a Pro but it should work. It's a different particle device indeed (electron instead of photon) but should work as we also shipped electron firmware.
Hi @Kacper. Thank you for all your work on this stuff, you're a legend!

I have a question about the electron vs photon firmware: Did you simply change the target device and compile the firmware for an Electron target?

I spent over a day reading through all the documentation for both particle devices, and I can't see any reason it would be more complicated than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder how many people got double shipped carloops? And that probably explains why they're out of stock.
I was wondering the same thing. If no one wants it I am just going to return it.

861 - 880 of 888 Posts