Ford Focus RS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took a few videos Friday and really not happy with how they turned out. Have a different plan today hopefully and will finish the forscan video tonight.

On a side note: Was helping a friend remotely update their APIM so they could upgrade to 3.4, and we bricked it somehow... And I've done several module updates. So just wanted to mention even when you think you're doing it the right way things can happen.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Took a few videos Friday and really not happy with how they turned out. Have a different plan today hopefully and will finish the forscan video tonight.

On a side note: Was helping a friend remotely update their APIM so they could upgrade to 3.4, and we bricked it somehow... And I've done several module updates. So just wanted to mention even when you think you're doing it the right way things can happen.
They're almost impossible to brick. Try redownloading all of the files, to a hard drive first? Sometimes if you download them to the memory stick directly, the files get corrupted. I had to redownload files 4 or 5 times before it would complete for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They're almost impossible to brick. Try redownloading all of the files, to a hard drive first? Sometimes if you download them to the memory stick directly, the files get corrupted. I had to redownload files 4 or 5 times before it would complete for me.
Sorry, I should clarify. It's an older APIM so we were attempting to update the firmware prior to install the app/navi/voice packages of 3.4. So we were using forscan to upgrade the firmware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great watch. Not sure how I missed this. You could tell the manager was a bit nervous, he kept looking at the speed hahaha; but the driver kept up the lapping pace regardless!!! He talked about Ford adding their margin of safety...Otherwise known as the FUN POLICE...I nominate @WreckkitRalphh14 to replace that guy. I think Kacper's approach to tuning so far is excellent!!!

What caught my attention most was his mention of the lack of serviceability, a quick google search doesn't reveal anything either... "Change the fluid or change the part". You can tell he is management and not the engineer. :devilish:
I'm working on it haha got a spare set of wheels so I can properly send this bish. Haha on vacation currently and it works lovely in the mountains haha

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I came up with a quick reference chart of the available RDU settings with Kacper's calibrations. The chart can also be found on my RDU Programming page as well. Let me know if there are any errors. :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
@Kacper sent me updates for the RDU Settings chart above. It was edited on my website, so the changes are live above.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Anybody else autocrossing with the different RDU calibrations and can provide feedback? I already raced on T5 (FTD out of 48 drivers on 09/06/20), and my next autox is this Sunday. I plan on starting with T16 for the better launch, and if I get brave I might try T18 by the end of the day. We always get at least (6) runs.

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black RS
21 Posts
I did my first autocross in this car last Sunday with T16. I can't really provide any constructive feedback... since it was my first, and I was severely underdriving the car and braking way too early. But comparing it to spirited driving on the street, I think it was noticeable coming out of the corners. The difference in launch control was certainly noticeable though. I'm planning on keeping T16 for the next event, then trying T18 for the one after.

·
Registered
25 Posts
T16 is much more better than OEM, launch is clean and driving (once you used to it), is fun as it unleash a bit more of the power from your tune.
Cannot say if it's more difficult to control on very large fast curves like circuit tracks.
But a live torque calculation (from photon particle) would certainly allow more possibilities and more grip in any circumtances.

I would love to get feedbacks on T18.
Anywone drift the car with T18?
Are you feeling that components are safe with uncapped tunes?

Please post your videos so we can see how the car move and react.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I had a good place to do lots of drifting it looks like x1 would be good for that...

Reactions: jefferysanders

·
Registered
1 Posts
So anyone put this to test at a drag strip yet? I'm a brother from another mother with a Lincoln MKZ and am trying to get this thing to get out of the hole faster. The weight transfer is pretty bad on launch so was hoping kicking up the rear power would help a bit. Best at the moment is a [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve done over 3000 miles on 25% now no issues
We have a very fast round about near me freshly laid perfect tarmac so I thought let’s see what it can do, the car understeers way less BUT I gave it lots and the car went into a forced drift which I didn’t really expect , Ive not had chance to practice much but I think itl be either something I love or I may go and try 12%
I could turn the Sw off I guess but will that make it feel too much like. A fixed rear axle?

621 - 640 of 640 Posts