Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Cpe exhale kit help

8K views 35 replies 5 participants last post by  jes007 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I just installed the cpe exhale kit with the hks bov. It came with the revised maptap which is an adapter that connects to the pcv port on the side of the throttle body.

When i initially started the car after the install i let it run for a few minutes. Then, i began slightly revving the engine. The first few revs i heard the signature sound the ssq valve makes with the high pitch screech towards the end but then after a few more revs the sound turned into a swooshing thats almost similar to the tial bov. I didnt get to drive the car on the street yet bc i had other things to do but this issue bugged me the whole day. Does anyone know if this is normal or if maybe i did something wrong during the install? has anyone experienced this?....i dont know if this matters but i did use the filter that came with the bov kit. The little plastic one you put into the vaccum line to prevent oil vapors from getting into the bov.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#34 ·
So i did it......and it sucked....you have to be ok with dinging up both the cpe pipe and the bov....unless somehow you have a vice big enough to tightly hold the pipe in place.....what i ended up doing is taking the front cover off of the bov ( 4 bolts on front, slips right off) then i placed the o ring in the flange and put the bov on top with the c clip around it....then i used the angled c clip pliers to hold the clip, the other hand had a flathead screwdriver to keep the other end of the clip inside. Then i turned the entire bov sandwich onto its head so that the floor ( carpet, indoors) was pushing the bov inside while i pressed the clip in with the pliers (right side up) and the other end flathead was pressing the other side of the clip in simultaneously....you really have to put your weight on it for it to seat.....that was prob hard to understand but its the only way i could explain it.....you will get frustrated and you will have the clip pop out but remeber that the bov should be sealed tightly and not be able to rotate at all....when you think you have it in, give it a few hard tugs to see if it pops out bc i had to do that untill it was tight enough so that it didnt. Im sorry for not including pix but my ishh went from looking imaculate to really bad lol.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.