Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hanging by the vacuum line???? Be glad the hks bov didn't fall off somewhere on the road. Where did you buy the o ring and c clamp from?
At least we know what the problem is. At first, I was totally confused by your pic until I read your message.
Thankfully, in the event the bov does completely detach then the undertray should save it from getting lost. Unless of course you dont have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Whew, sort of lucked out there!
Given the chance, would you do this install again, or go a different route? Looks like a PITA

·
Registered
607 Posts
I agree^
Had a HKS BOV on my Legnum years ago.
The kettle sounding noise got pretty annoying after a while.
Each to their own but.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well the install isnt bad at all actually....i just shouldve researched more about proper fitting....you can easily get the bov set in its place with another set of hands....as far as sound, i also bought the purple fin insert. Apparently its a lower frequency sound. Im not gonna lie, i got this bov bc i wanted to live out a semi childhood fantasy. Ive always had NA v8’s before this and none of them made the whole “sneezing” sound. So after watching paul walker in the green mistubishi eclipse, my brain was like “i want that”.....which brings us here.

Just waiting on the o ring and ill post pics asap.

thx to all.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I found the easiest way to install this was to install the hks bov on the pipe while it’s not on the car. It’s a tighter fit, but easily doable. Also, use some lube on the couplers to make it easy to adjust everything. It was such a pia to get the snap ring on correctly while the pipe was installed on the car. Thus, why I went a different route and found it was much easier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lol i saw this along with many others. I knew immediately that this was my problem and that fitting the snapring is the hardest part of the install.

Did you see the part when the hks bov poped up on high revs. That was shocking.

I practiced putting the snap ring on and it is not easy.

I'm eagerly waiting for your bov to come in, if possible please take a pic of the angle of the bov installed on the cpe exhale pipe as i will copy what you do :D

Eid Mubarak buddy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lol khair mubarak!....yea man hopefully the o ring should be here early this week but bc im impatient and its amazing weather in NY right now, i think im gonna go to home depot, ace hardware and see if i could grab a few o rings that fit.....if i do find some then ill post pix asap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have read on one of the supra forums that the OEM O ring should be around 3.9mm- 4mm thick and the replica ebay kits O ring is around 3.23mm. Home depot lines are massive, at least here in Toronto. I would recommend using the original since you already bought it for your final installation. At least this way you can become an expert snap ring plier user lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yea im gonna take your advice and just be patient. I wanna do it right the “second” time

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So i did it......and it sucked....you have to be ok with dinging up both the cpe pipe and the bov....unless somehow you have a vice big enough to tightly hold the pipe in place.....what i ended up doing is taking the front cover off of the bov ( 4 bolts on front, slips right off) then i placed the o ring in the flange and put the bov on top with the c clip around it....then i used the angled c clip pliers to hold the clip, the other hand had a flathead screwdriver to keep the other end of the clip inside. Then i turned the entire bov sandwich onto its head so that the floor ( carpet, indoors) was pushing the bov inside while i pressed the clip in with the pliers (right side up) and the other end flathead was pressing the other side of the clip in simultaneously....you really have to put your weight on it for it to seat.....that was prob hard to understand but its the only way i could explain it.....you will get frustrated and you will have the clip pop out but remeber that the bov should be sealed tightly and not be able to rotate at all....when you think you have it in, give it a few hard tugs to see if it pops out bc i had to do that untill it was tight enough so that it didnt. Im sorry for not including pix but my ishh went from looking imaculate to really bad lol.....

21 - 36 of 36 Posts