Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone that has replaced the light bulb explain what they have used to remove the rear clip to get the darn thing out? Can't get my hand in there and everything I tried just seems to just slip and the bulb does not seem to want to come out without both clips released.

·
Registered
106 Posts
its a PITA honestly. I broke a clip on each stock bulb trying to get them out. I had a longer pair of pliers and once the clips were off enough i was able to grab the bulb frame and pull it out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also, be careful if you do break the clip because the piece will be hard to retrieve from the headlight housing. That far-side clip is no fun and there is so little room to work since the access hole isnt exactly where you need to work.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Can someone that has replaced the light bulb explain what they have used to remove the rear clip to get the darn thing out? Can't get my hand in there and everything I tried just seems to just slip and the bulb does not seem to want to come out without both clips released.
Are you talking about the headlight housing? There are only 2 screws that hold it in, and it just pops out, once it's out, everything unplugs pretty easy....or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to remove?

If it's the headlight assembly, there is a video here on how to do it.....

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/32-focus-rs-lighting/35681-no-more-fried-eggs-16.html

Reactions: Crevarius

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about the headlight housing? There are only 2 screws that hold it in, and it just pops out, once it's out, everything unplugs pretty easy....or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to remove?

If it's the headlight assembly, there is a video here on how to do it.....

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/32-focus-rs-lighting/35681-no-more-fried-eggs-16.html
I have the headlight housing out, but just as Shaner0511 says the Cornering bulbs are a nightmare to get out as one of the two clips is impossible to get at through the access hole, I just wondered if anyone had found a tool/made a tool to do this

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a PITA honestly. I broke a clip on each stock bulb trying to get them out. I had a longer pair of pliers and once the clips were off enough i was able to grab the bulb frame and pull it out.
Thanks, you just reminded me I have a hook nose pair of pliers, I'll give them a go to see if that will do the job!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the headlight housing out, but just as Shaner0511 says the Cornering bulbs are a nightmare to get out as one of the two clips is impossible to get at through the access hole, I just wondered if anyone had found a tool/made a tool to do this
Oh, got it. Sorry about that...good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There is a nice video showing how to remove them under "Custom made yellow fog lights" thread at the top by intervention302. He used a pick tool and patience.
Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts