Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So my 2017 RS the other day got pretty warm, but did not quite overheat. Both the coolant temp and oil temp gauges climbed to about 3/4 while sitting at a long stop light. So I got some air flow to help cool it and pull off to a parking lot. Something I noticed is that while the car is running, neither of the fans are kicking on, even with AC running. Is there some kind of fuse or relay to check out? Any connections to inspect? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would be checking all the fuses in the under bonnet fuse box.
There is something not right if neither of the fans are kicking in, for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resolved! So I tested my fan relays (R3 & R5), and they tested OK. I made sure that that the connection into the fans were good. I then tracked the wiring back and found that both connecters under the air box were disconnected somehow?!?! My only guess is that when I took to the dealer for a random misfire code back in January, they forgot to plug the fans back in?? But both fans are now back to normal thankfully!

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Good job!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Resolved! So I tested my fan relays (R3 & R5), and they tested OK. I made sure that that the connection into the fans were good. I then tracked the wiring back and found that both connecters under the air box were disconnected somehow?!?! My only guess is that when I took to the dealer for a random misfire code back in January, they forgot to plug the fans back in?? But both fans are now back to normal thankfully!
Now ring the dealer and give them a proper blast and take no excuses from them. This could have caused you a major problem and expense and you can be sure they wouldn't have put their hands up and admitted any fault. Well done on keeping an eye on the engine temp and taking action to avoid overheating.

Ciao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts