Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Asking the important questions here. Seriously, its hard to think the car has no central jack points. I remember on my old WRX there was a central point in the front but on the rear you jacked it up on the differential.
You can use the Sub frame in the front and rear it's just a pita getting to it if you don't have a very low profile jack or ramps to go off of. I use race ramps, then insert jack, then jack higher than the ramps.

If your interested in modifications, how-to videos, and comprehensive reviews check out my channel www.youtube.com/c/christopherayresfrs2

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can you scan and post directions here?

This is a nice solution for those that want to swap wheels and such. I will probably get a lift such as Quicjack, but this would be nice for quick jobs.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I use race ramps, then insert jack, then jack higher than the ramps.
I just got my Race Ramps, I'll have to try that. Where do you jack under the front end?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just got my Race Ramps, I'll have to try that. Where do you jack under the front end?
Wher the front control arms meet the from cradle there is a flat spot where the cradle secure bolt goes up into the cars body. It is really the only flat spot on the cradle assembly that will never move. You will love your race ramps when doing oil changes, or any underbody work btw. I got mine the day I got the car as they are the only reasonable ramps where there is no drag points. The part you jack to on the cradle in the industry is referred to as the cradle ear. That might help when you look at it to visualize that "Mickey mouse ear".

If your interested in modifications, how-to videos, and comprehensive reviews check out my channel www.youtube.com/c/christopherayresfrs2

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks, I just Order my Set!!! :joyous: Thanks Again and Great Job!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wher the front control arms meet the from cradle there is a flat spot where the cradle secure bolt goes up into the cars body. It is really the only flat spot on the cradle assembly that will never move. You will love your race ramps when doing oil changes, or any underbody work btw. I got mine the day I got the car as they are the only reasonable ramps where there is no drag points. The part you jack to on the cradle in the industry is referred to as the cradle ear. That might help when you look at it to visualize that "Mickey mouse ear".

Are these the race ramps you guys got: https://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR-56-2-56-Ramp/dp/B003ZAGI9E/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1479015889&sr=1-4&keywords=race+ramps

If not, got a link for the ones you have?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes. Those are them. If you lower the car they also sell a longer extension for them. Shows a Z07 clearing no issue and that sits about an inch lower than the RS if not more. Those clear the RS out of the box. They are made of a highly condensed foam. Work great for oil changes and even if you need to back the car up on them!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
How did you get the car in the air to drill the holes? I had my front end on ramps today, and it didn't look like enough room to fit the drill.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I installed the Cooltech's Jack Rails today. It was not bad. The instructions are very clear. I struggled a little bit with the rivet nuts on one side. Not sure why. Here are some pictures.

View attachment 136433 View attachment 136433 View attachment 136441 View attachment 136449 View attachment 136457 View attachment 136465 View attachment 136473 View attachment 136481 View attachment 136489 View attachment 136497 View attachment 136505
Thanks, bought these a few months ago and still need to install them. You may have motivated me.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm still torn between these or the steeda rails. Anyone have a convincing argument to sway me one way or the other?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm still torn between these or the steeda rails. Anyone have a convincing argument to sway me one way or the other?
These look easier to install and they will rust less.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You have to cut that soft sound insulation with these, the steeda fits over it and they are look longer. Just used mine for the first time yesterday and the insulation allows for a little give, so I may cut it anyways.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts