Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sticking around and keeping the discussions alive while we wait for the release of the new RS! We passed 1000 members this week and it's awesome to see everyone's excitement over this new vehicle. Spring of 2016 can't get here fast enough :)

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I'm not sure I'm really happy about this considering the rumors of only 2000 RSs coming to the US lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Just wish we had something real to talk about. Should be something good at the end of the month with Goodwood.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Be interesting to see how many people actually get an RS out of the thousand members so far.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure I'm really happy about this considering the rumors of only 2000 RSs coming to the US lol
There is still a lot disbelief in the accuracy of 2,000 number. Time will tell; right now the FUD factor is very, very high and Ford seems to be tight about releasing much confirming information.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Ford performance guys at Carlisle said they build to meet demand and not to worry about not being able to get one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The idea that there will only be 2000 cars available for the US market is absurd. I encourage you to not fall for that bit of marketing hype.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
8000 for the NA, 8K for Europe, 2K for Asian market. and another 2K for "Other" for a first year production run of around 20K. Second year will be a build to demand year so if you just can't wait, then year one is for you.

If I can't work a reasonable deal, I'll wait a year as my ST serves me well until it's worth it financially to upgrade to the RS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
8000 for the NA, 8K for Europe, 2K for Asian market. and another 2K for "Other" for a first year production run of around 20K. Second year will be a build to demand year so if you just can't wait, then year one is for you.

If I can't work a reasonable deal, I'll wait a year as my ST serves me well until it's worth it financially to upgrade to the RS.
Sound logic right here. A dealer who is a member here already stated that he, at least, won't be offering any first year RS's at invoice or slightly above. If everyone is fighting over one the first year and making it way for dealerships to either markup or sell at sticker( which to me is still absurd) then like you I'll be waiting until the second year when the hype has died down and some aftermarket mods are out and tested.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Please tell me you're not making this up.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Bluebyutoo seems to have some of the most knowledgeable and believable information. But if not true, then you could always get one of these: Word from Across the World About the Lexus LC ? Clublexus for just a "couple" more $
Lol I know...that's why I'm hoping he's not making it up. If it was anyone else I'd be sure they were making it up.

"A turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 with 550 horsepower will be under the hood of the LC500. That engine will be paired with a 10-speed automatic and enable a 0-62 time of 4.5 seconds."

That's slow.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Please tell me you're not making this up.
It's pretty much been verified that there will be approx. 8000 RS' built for the NA market. There are insiders that have been proven to be pretty darned accurate when it comes to this type of information that exist outside of this forum. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
It's pretty much been verified that there will be approx. 8000 RS' built for the NA market. There are insiders that have been proven to be pretty darned accurate when it comes to this type of information that exist outside of this forum. :cool:
This is awesome, I think I missed this news.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is awesome, I think I missed this news.
According to an interview with Paul Seredynski of Ford Marketing, Team RS Engineer John Wicks, and Focus Product Marketing Manager Omar Odeh this information was gleaned.

Production quantity
"nitial run will be less than the STs first year. That was roughly 13K, so less than that. But, Ford has the capacity to make as many RSs needed to meet the demand."

Trim levels
"Options will be limited to: Sun roof, choice of two types of seats, electric heated seat, and non electric seats. The seats shown in the European debut are not an option on the US models. Other options are the choice of wheel / tire packages and one of four colors, An ultra white not available on any other Ford, the Stealth Gray, Black and Nitrous Blue."

This comes from the ST forum, and has been "more-or-less" reiterated by a forum member there that has been very reliable in the past. It's certainly not carved in stone but if I were a betting man I would bet on somewhere around 7000 for the US.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts