Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is completely stock aside from a turbosmart 50/50 bov and a boost reference adapter. Have had the parts installed for around 2 months. A week ago i had the engine light flash on while i was headed to work. Ended up going to the dealer and they ran the code P1450 popped up in the history. They cleared it and i went on my way. The light came on again a week later. I stopped in and they asked if i had any aftermarket parts on the car. Of course i told them it was all stock aside from the BOV and BRA. They said that it was more than likely the boost reference adapter that was causing it since you have to delete the tube that sits on top of the motor. I called bullshit and went about my own business. Anyone have some advice?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OBD II fault code P1450 is a manufacturer specific code that is defined by carmaker Fordas “Unable To Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum”

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that the little valve on the side of the fuel vapor canister thats impossible (to me) to get to with just jacking the car up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
FYI, in that NHSTA doc, DTC “P144A” may actually refer to a bad Canister Purge Solenoid, where “P144C” refers to the Canister Purge Valve.

If you have a tune, you may get some flack about warranty; I picked up an OEM CPV a few weeks ago off Amazon (I had a code of “P144C”), but have yet to install it.

More here: https://www.focusrs.org/threads/p144c-code.120172/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will be dropping the car off at the dealership to have it diagnosed. Ill get back when i hear from them.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
! was getting the P1450 error weekly so I just replaced the purge valve assembly and the issue is gone. Ford part number BV6Z9D289E

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had code P1450 and went at the dealership. they replaced the purge valve assembly, but no luck, the code came back a week later... any ideas?

EDIT: I removed the purge valve assembly to diagnose it and the valve is working properly (closed while the engine is off). I tried blowing compressed air and nothing is going through so I believe the valve which is brand new works as intended.

I am now wondering from where comes the ''unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum''...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts