Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

COBB Focus RS Hard Pipe Kit
availble from FSWERKS!

Replacing the factory plastic tubing with 2.5" mandrel bent piping, the COBB Focus RS Hard Pipe Kit removes restriction and improves airflow to the engine of your Focus RS.
This kit consists of single piece pipes made from mandrel bent aluminum tubing on both the cold side and hot side of the intercooler.
The results are weld-free pipes from the turbo outlet to intercooler inlet and from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body.
COBB 4-ply silicone hose couplings and heavy duty T-Bolt hose clamps finish off this kit and ensure the pipes stay put.

info/order: FORD COBB Hard Pipe Kit Focus RS 2016

info/order: FORD COBB Hard Pipe Kit Focus RS 2016

#FSWERKS

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
COBB Focus RS Hard Pipe Kit availble from FSWERKS!

Replacing the factory plastic tubing with 2.5" mandrel bent piping, the COBB Focus RS Hard Pipe Kit removes restriction and improves airflow to the engine of your Focus RS.
This kit consists of single piece pipes made from mandrel bent aluminum tubing on both the cold side and hot side of the intercooler.
The results are weld-free pipes from the turbo outlet to intercooler inlet and from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body.
COBB 4-ply silicone hose couplings and heavy duty T-Bolt hose clamps finish off this kit and ensure the pipes stay put.
Is that large pipe the one that runs down the back of the engine from the intake kit to the turbo? I ask because I have the Mountune intake kit and charge pipe kit and none of the pipes in those kits look like what's in this hard pipe kit. I've been wondering if there is an upgrade to the pipe that goes down the back of the engine from the top down to the turbo.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Is that large pipe the one that runs down the back of the engine from the intake kit to the turbo? I ask because I have the Mountune intake kit and charge pipe kit and none of the pipes in those kits look like what's in this hard pipe kit. I've been wondering if there is an upgrade to the pipe that goes down the back of the engine from the top down to the turbo.
You're mostly right. The long one runs through the groove in the oil pan and connects the turbo compressor outlet to the left side of the intercooler. The short pipe and 90 degree coupling connect the right side of the intercooler to the throttle body. If you did the install of your kit yourself the long pipe should look vaguely familiar as it is the same shape (albeit a bit wider) than the stock plastic piece.

This kit looks exactly like the ETS kit that I have, down to the wrinkle black coating. It should be very nice, but don't expect it to help your RS make actual noises from the engine bay.

EDIT: Whoops. You were talking about an intake pipe, not a charge pipe. Yeah, this is not an intake kit.

Reactions: SurfCfl

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi SurfCfl: The COBB (Large) Hard Pipe replaces the stock pipe under the motor (not turbo inlet/intake portion)
"weld-free pipes (no airflow obstructions) from the turbo outlet to intercooler inlet and from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body."
Ok thanks. I think those are the same pipes that I already have. There is a pipe that runs from my induction kit on the top of the engine to the turbo intake down there somewhere that I can't see. That's the pipe I though was in your kit.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You're mostly right. The long one runs through the groove in the oil pan and connects the turbo compressor outlet to the left side of the intercooler. The short pipe and 90 degree coupling connect the right side of the intercooler to the throttle body. If you did the install of your kit yourself the long pipe should look vaguely familiar as it is the same shape (albeit a bit wider) than the stock plastic piece.

This kit looks exactly like the ETS kit that I have, down to the wrinkle black coating. It should be very nice, but don't expect it to help your RS make actual noises from the engine bay.
I think you just described my Mountune charge pipe kit which I haven't installed yet. I'm still wondering if any of these kits replace the pipe that runs from the top of the engine down to the turbo intake. I don't understand how my high flow induction kit increases airflow to the turbo without replacing the pipe that runs down the back of the engine from the high flow induction kit to the turbo.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I think you just described my Mountune charge pipe kit which I haven't installed yet. I'm still wondering if any of these kits replace the pipe that runs from the top of the engine down to the turbo intake. I don't understand how my increases airflow to the turbo without replacing the pipe that runs down the back of the engine from the high flow induction kit to the turbo.
I don't know of any products like that myself, but this isn't really the place to discuss it since this is FSWerks's vendor section. You might try creating a thread in the RS Performance section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts