Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Cobb catback exhaust this weekend and eventually I could hear the midpipe rattling on that black support for the drive shaft. I tried twisting the mid pipe a little more to see if I could get a little more clearance, was wondering if anyone with the cobb exhaust has had this issue and what they did? I used the factory hangers but I’m not sure if buying the mountune ones will fix the rattling.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Maybe someone else could chime in here but I would say the soft factory hangers allow too much movement so upgraded hangers are recommended for install of aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe someone else could chime in here but I would say the soft factory hangers allow too much movement so upgraded hangers are recommended for install of aftermarket exhaust.
I would agree with this statement. I replaced the factory hangers with the harder Mountune hangers when I installed my V2X exhaust. It's a pretty small clearance in the area the OP is referring to, especially with wider exhaust piping. So I would imagine the more rigid hangers would help alleviate some of the movement in the exhaust.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had this exact problem when i first got my AWE Track exhaust on, stiffer hangars for me helped, but didn't entirely fix the issue and i'd have rattling if the car was stopped at the right angle on a hill. My solution wound up being the mountune hangers, plus a longer generic poly hanger by the center support. Helps push the exhaust down just a hair to get a bit more clearance. Unfortunately I can't find the particular one that I used, but there's plenty out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this exact problem when i first got my AWE Track exhaust on, stiffer hangars for me helped, but didn't entirely fix the issue and i'd have rattling if the car was stopped at the right angle on a hill. My solution wound up being the mountune hangers, plus a longer generic poly hanger by the center support. Helps push the exhaust down just a hair to get a bit more clearance. Unfortunately I can't find the particular one that I used, but there's plenty out there.
Yup thinking of a longer center support hanger myself! Having slight rattles with the same exhaust and the aftermarket hangers do the trick mostly but there's still idle rattle at stoplights or inclines

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I have a FP exhaust, swapped it out less than 500 miles on the OE exhaust.

I was fortunate the fit is good and no rattle.

adjust the hanger a bit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts