Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an email from Cobb saying that are bringing all their tunes and upgrades into carb compliance.
When/if you update your acessport it will remove all old tunes and update with new carb compliant tunes. (3.06 for focus rs)

I texted them:
Apr 7, 2021, 4:34 PM CDT
Chat started: 2021-04-07 09:30 PM UTC
(09:30:19 PM) gb: If I update my accessport, does it remove all tunes without an EO number?
(09:30:38 PM) * PJ Baltzor joined the chat *
(09:30:56 PM) PJ Baltzor: When updated to the latest firmware it would only store maps that have an EO number at this time, yes
(09:31:20 PM) PJ Baltzor: Any maps on there not apart of the firmware would be removed (unless you copied them from your computer or its the map that's on the car)
(09:32:16 PM) gb: I have an focus RS will the 3.06 carb tune have less performance than the 3.05 tune?
(09:32:25 PM) PJ Baltzor: No difference in power
(09:33:14 PM) gb: Any other difference than carb compliance
(09:33:23 PM) PJ Baltzor: Not on these cars, no

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
What if you have a custom tune?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it won't remove them, but worth backing them up and texting Cobb before updating.

(unless you copied them from your computer or its the map that's on the car)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wondered when they would do that.
I know Livernois spent some big cash two years ago to meet carb and I figured they wouldn’t be long till they all did.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think the Cobb Tunes are the OTS tunes.

Livernois tunes are CARB legal?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I’m not sure if all rs tunes are but I know they do offer carb complaint tunes and other goodies for everything they support. I don’t have a need for it so I don’t know a lot but I know when I was touring the shop that was the big news

·
Registered
295 Posts
They would be ill advised to delete customer data out of the state of California. The other 49 states and the other 200+ countries on earth could not care less about the California Air Resources Board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts