Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject indicates, I’d like to know if anyone has compared the estimated HP/TQ the Accessport provides with actual dyno results. I have quite a few mods, but don’t believe the estimated numbers to be accurate. I’m getting 427/442...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The Cobb hp/tq estimated numbers are at the crank and not the wheels.
True.

Having compared them to my actual dyno numbers at the wheels, they are actually surprisingly close when using a 15% drivetrain loss. Unlike the old AP2's numbers that were exaggerated to the moon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
True.

Having compared them to my actual dyno numbers at the wheels, they are actually surprisingly close when using a 15% drivetrain loss. Unlike the old AP2's numbers that were exaggerated to the moon.
Same here, I used the Cobb estimate along with my dyno numbers to calculate my drivetrain loss and I believe it was around 16% from memory.

The estimated APv2 numbers were great to show off to friends though! :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Same here, I used the Cobb estimate along with my dyno numbers to calculate my drivetrain loss and I believe it was around 16% from memory.

The estimated APv2 numbers were great to show off to friends though! :)
If you lose traction, then you can get some seriously spaceship numbers haha

post-313077-14484685523111.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
True.

C'mon so my stage 1 STi really didn't have 500HP!!!???? Those readings always made me lol.....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yeah I don’t know how accurate that is lol. My last datalog Shows peaks of 475tq which I kind of doubt for a bolt on stock turbo 91 octane tuned car

·
Registered
189 Posts
Agreed. Lots of people say the numbers are actually pretty accurate but I have my doubts. I think they’re probably useful as a means to validate changes to the same car though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I don’t know how accurate that is lol. My last datalog Shows peaks of 475tq which I kind of doubt for a bolt on stock turbo 91 octane tuned car
Wouldnt this equate out to like 404tq to the wheels which would make sense?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is old, but the Torque is in Nm, or Newton-meters, you need to divide the Nm torque by 1.35582 will give lb per foot. Then you can find your actual HP as well.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I know this is old, but the Torque is in Nm, or Newton-meters, you need to divide the Nm torque by 1.35582 will give lb per foot. Then you can find your actual HP as well.
I believe it depends on what you have your AP set to, imperial or metric. I’d have to go back and double check but 99% sure looking through my logs it’s a value in imperial lb-ft as is the boost pressure (psi) and temperature (Fahrenheit). Usually switching to metric will give you bar, Celsius and NM. Could be wrong though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmn. If you do data logging , and look at the csv file it creates, the column Req Torque(Nm), is Nm. Don't know if that is different than the actual visual. I always just do the logging and then look at the data that way. I don't know if the requested (Nm) Torque is the same as Torque that is on the display.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmn. If you do data logging , and look at the csv file it creates, the column Req Torque(Nm), is Nm. Don't know if that is different than the actual visual. I always just do the logging and then look at the data that way. I don't know if the requested (Nm) Torque is the same as Torque that is on the display.
I'm pretty sure it's dependant on unit settings on the AP. I did a couple logs two days ago to get some 0-60 times (since the performance feature never works for me...), and LTT Torque columns are all in ft-lb. Got my AP and custom tune from Mountune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You set the units of measure in the settings, various there so be careful to set to the units your tuner requires

1 - 20 of 21 Posts