Ford Focus RS Forum banner

C'mon Ford, how about it.....

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Daddies race car 
#1 ·
I would imagine the eyes of the blue oval are all over this forum given the influence of social media and the desire for any manufacturer to build a loyal following. So with that, I would like to request Series 2 - Rebirth of an Icon - from Sign off to Delivery. We all really looked forward to each week's installment of the first (and hopefully not only) series and the waiting game that it now is, is like a massive void. It's only early January for goodness sake! It would make great viewing to get an insight into the production process, shipping and delivery and it would keep us 'entertained' why we while away the hours and the days leading up to the big day in whenever. Ford, I know your reading this - how about it? Mmmm...........:rolleyes:

#5 ·
I thought the first and only series was well communicated and well produced. There is no reason why this couldn't be a continuation of that journey with the same quality of communication and information.........

#6 ·
I guess I should be more clear. The Rebirth series was well done. The process of ordering and communication about where your car is in the process is not what it should be. Future owners in the UK and Australia receive emails from Ford / dealership giving them updates. They know batches, build weeks and approximate delivery dates in some cases without having to over function.

I don't see why we can't have a similar process. I was suggesting that a documentary on the frustrations for North American buyers could be an embarrassment to Ford and help them improve communications going forward.

#7 ·
I think there will be enough owner made videos from forum members to fill that desire to be honest. Ive already began preproduction for mine with multiple SLR lenses and cameras, a HD drone, locations, music. I plan to make it a high quality (on a budget) video TG inspired. But never the less the 'rebirth' series was excellent and i think as far Ford should take it. I think what would really be badass is if ford Let us take delivery at Salarious before being shipped to the US.

#8 ·
When I ordered my Cooper S in 2005 they had an amazing process set up. I got to track every step in the process including what part of the build the car was in, what truck it was going on, what ship it was loaded on and so forth. It was a blast. I wish we had something similar, I mean even a shadow of what Mini had set up. I tracked the ship all the way to North Carolina, and then to my dealer.

Reactions: KingZee
#12 ·
Yeah I wish ford took a more BMW like approach to this whole process. If anything just to set up a portal where buyers could input their order info and have a customized tracker show them the entire build/ship process timeline. Would alleviate a lot of the headaches and give some transparency to it all. Lets hope they make use of the COTUS.

#14 ·
I'll also note that I bought my BRZ because of the videos online of the Engineers discussion about the design and building of the car. It was so in depth I felt like I knew everything about the car before I even owned it. I got the same feeling with the RS and while not as in depth as the BRZ interviews it was one of the main reasons I decided on an RS rather than waiting for a CTR.

#16 ·
nah this feels about the same as my WRX order. Only difference being the order window was open and active when I placed the order so minus the waiting for them actually start making it. I would call the guy every couple weeks just to have him tell me, "Yeah buddy still waiting... No, no VIN yet, and dont worry I WILL call you when I get more info..." I just plan on accepting this will a long a drawn out process. I just hope they start letting the media have a go at actually driving the car soon even if its not on a track just to get initial impressions. That probably wont happen either because there is so much hype right now that might kill some of that..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.