Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would imagine the eyes of the blue oval are all over this forum given the influence of social media and the desire for any manufacturer to build a loyal following. So with that, I would like to request Series 2 - Rebirth of an Icon - from Sign off to Delivery. We all really looked forward to each week's installment of the first (and hopefully not only) series and the waiting game that it now is, is like a massive void. It's only early January for goodness sake! It would make great viewing to get an insight into the production process, shipping and delivery and it would keep us 'entertained' why we while away the hours and the days leading up to the big day in whenever. Ford, I know your reading this - how about it? Mmmm...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone could do this. The poor communication and lack of clear information much just be an embarrassment
I thought the first and only series was well communicated and well produced. There is no reason why this couldn't be a continuation of that journey with the same quality of communication and information.........

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I thought the first and only series was well communicated and well produced. There is no reason why this couldn't be a continuation of that journey with the same quality of communication and information.........
I guess I should be more clear. The Rebirth series was well done. The process of ordering and communication about where your car is in the process is not what it should be. Future owners in the UK and Australia receive emails from Ford / dealership giving them updates. They know batches, build weeks and approximate delivery dates in some cases without having to over function.

I don't see why we can't have a similar process. I was suggesting that a documentary on the frustrations for North American buyers could be an embarrassment to Ford and help them improve communications going forward.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think there will be enough owner made videos from forum members to fill that desire to be honest. Ive already began preproduction for mine with multiple SLR lenses and cameras, a HD drone, locations, music. I plan to make it a high quality (on a budget) video TG inspired. But never the less the 'rebirth' series was excellent and i think as far Ford should take it. I think what would really be badass is if ford Let us take delivery at Salarious before being shipped to the US.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I ordered my Cooper S in 2005 they had an amazing process set up. I got to track every step in the process including what part of the build the car was in, what truck it was going on, what ship it was loaded on and so forth. It was a blast. I wish we had something similar, I mean even a shadow of what Mini had set up. I tracked the ship all the way to North Carolina, and then to my dealer.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
When I ordered my Cooper S in 2005 they had an amazing process set up. I got to track every step in the process including what part of the build the car was in, what truck it was going on, what ship it was loaded on and so forth. It was a blast. I wish we had something similar, I mean even a shadow of what Mini had set up. I tracked the ship all the way to North Carolina, and then to my dealer.
Sounds like a great process... If only Ford could communicate as well

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Did you get your Mini any faster ? :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like a great process... If only Ford could communicate as well

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Did you get your Mini any faster ? :p
No, it was still a painful wait but they had a cool website set up that showed where it was i.e. paint, interior, waiting for qc drive etc. Mini (or bmw) is a master at flashy media and the experience of buying their car. I wish Ford was so hip.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah I wish ford took a more BMW like approach to this whole process. If anything just to set up a portal where buyers could input their order info and have a customized tracker show them the entire build/ship process timeline. Would alleviate a lot of the headaches and give some transparency to it all. Lets hope they make use of the COTUS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got to do the same thing with my MCS in 05. Best car buying/owing experience I've had to date. Back then if you owned a Mini you waved at every other mini and they waved back, there was no pretense about ownership or what you did to your car, it was all one big family. Really enjoyed that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll also note that I bought my BRZ because of the videos online of the Engineers discussion about the design and building of the car. It was so in depth I felt like I knew everything about the car before I even owned it. I got the same feeling with the RS and while not as in depth as the BRZ interviews it was one of the main reasons I decided on an RS rather than waiting for a CTR.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Future owners in the UK and Australia receive emails from Ford / dealership giving them updates. They know batches, build weeks and approximate delivery dates in some cases without having to over function.
Before you get too worked up, I'll just note that only a fraction of the Australian orders appear to have received these emails, and even if you have the correspondence we are not expecting to receive the vehicles until mid June. So you guys in the states will be coming up for your third change of tyres by the time we even get our keys! I would rather be in a priority market with an early delivery than have a few emails....then again, both would be nice!

It does seem like there is a disconnect between the very intensive and precise development process and what has been a bit of a patchy marketing campaign. Sure there's hype on every publication but the dealers know next to nothing and this forum is pulling it's hair out because since the rebirth series finished there had been nothing new. You can't take me on such a beautiful and detail oriented journey and then just cut me off cold turkey style - I need my fix!

·
Registered
504 Posts
nah this feels about the same as my WRX order. Only difference being the order window was open and active when I placed the order so minus the waiting for them actually start making it. I would call the guy every couple weeks just to have him tell me, "Yeah buddy still waiting... No, no VIN yet, and dont worry I WILL call you when I get more info..." I just plan on accepting this will a long a drawn out process. I just hope they start letting the media have a go at actually driving the car soon even if its not on a track just to get initial impressions. That probably wont happen either because there is so much hype right now that might kill some of that..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts