Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice how loud their clutch is when you disengage it in first in a drive through or in driveway?

It's a loud clunking noise and only happens maybe 2/5 times. I only notice it with my windows down, just wasn't sure if this was common/supposed to be this loud.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah I hear it too every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hate to be a necromancer, but I currently have the same problem if I put the clutch in fast, it makes a loud bang, but not when I release it. I mostly drive normal, but when I try to shift fast when I press in, there is a loud thud that can be heard from inside the cabin. I have never had this problem in another manual car. What can I do?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Mine has done that since I got it.
With the windows down, one and second are very loud.
Especially when I press the clutch to shift.

With the windows up, you cannae change the laws of physics :).

PS: i hear nothing when the windows are up.

Normal car behaviour.
It is a performance car and it should sound like one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I hate to be a necromancer, but I currently have the same problem if I put the clutch in fast, it makes a loud bang, but not when I release it. I mostly drive normal, but when I try to shift fast when I press in, there is a loud thud that can be heard from inside the cabin. I have never had this problem in another manual car. What can I do?
I can get my car to reliably do that. Go up an incline or load up the transmission, let off the gas and push the clutch in fast and it'll bang. It happens to me every time i push the clutch in fast exiting underground parking.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Try adjusting the cables? Adjusting has the best impact on the 3-4 shift, but why not.

·
Registered
2018 Focus RS MK3
1 Posts
I just noticed this sound tonight when I opened the windows. By the amount of people noticing that similar sound I guess it's normal.

I hear nothing when the windows are up.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Anyone else notice how loud their clutch is when you disengage it in first in a drive through or in driveway?

It's a loud clunking noise and only happens maybe 2/5 times. I only notice it with my windows down, just wasn't sure if this was common/supposed to be this loud.
Never listen to your car in these situations or when driving through underground carparks etc. All the close proximity hard reflective surfaces magnify any normal noises. Like Riding my Ducati or Guzzi around town without ear plugs, all that mechanical racket is scary. Race engines are better, you expect a lot of mechanical noise from them and the inlet and exhaust drown 99% of it out anyway.

Ciao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts