Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RS for about 2 months now and just crossed the 3,900 mile mark. (I know a lot. 90+ mile commute to work daily). Anyways I noticed that at EXACTLY the 3,700 mile mark my clutch suddenly feels much easier to depress and much easer to shift. Is this something normal or should I be concerned? It doesn't feel like the car drives any different just the pedal is much easier to work with now. Anyone have any insight? Please let me know!

·
5,582 Posts
Keep an eye on it.
You'll get some occasional stiffness, whilst other times, lightness.

All part of the RS ownership.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is usually a little stiff. But I did notice about 3000 miles how the car really "woke up" if that makes sense. At 3K miles some of the stiffness went away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I'll keep an eye on it for sure but I'm not going to stress too much over it if it's a commonality. The car feels great otherwise!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Nah. Unless my legs have become longer.

When brand new the engagement was so low on the pedal I had to sit closer to the wheel than I wanted. 10 months in I'm two seat clicks further back.

My data point may be unique though. My clutch engagement point has felt random to me since new.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nah. Unless my legs have become longer.

When brand new the engagement was so low on the pedal I had to sit closer to the wheel than I wanted. 10 months in I'm two seat clicks further back.

My data point may be unique though. My clutch engagement point has felt random to me since new.
i was going to say something similar... going from stop seems to be so inconsistent. sometimes its makes you want to stall and other times it will just shoot out like a rocket.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I suppose, given that the slave cyl is actuated by hydraulics, that fluid temp could have an effect on pedal feel...something ambient exterior temps would affect even before you get in the car and start it. Would explain seasonal variances

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've had my RS for about 2 months now and just crossed the 3,900 mile mark. (I know a lot. 90+ mile commute to work daily). Anyways I noticed that at EXACTLY the 3,700 mile mark my clutch suddenly feels much easier to depress and much easer to shift. Is this something normal or should I be concerned? It doesn't feel like the car drives any different just the pedal is much easier to work with now. Anyone have any insight? Please let me know!
Yep thats the ECU 3900 mile reduced clutch pressure map. You know, same as the 1000 mile more boost map:)

Ciao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts