Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new in the forum

Good afternoon, on Saturday in a prolonged climb, my clutch began to smell burnt. I talked to my mechanic and he told me that it was no longer working well, that it has to be replaced. I want a performance, what clutch do you recommend?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hola Edgar, no he practicado mi español en mucho tiempo, y desafortunadamente no sé nada sobre actualizaciones de motor o embrague. Pienso que la mayoría de la comunidad aquí solo habla inglés, entonces quizás puedas traducir tu pregunta a ingles usando google? Podría decirnos también qué cambios has realizado en tu motor o cuántos caballos de fuerza produce?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hola Edgar, no he practicado mi español en mucho tiempo, y desafortunadamente no sé nada sobre actualizaciones de motor o embrague. Pienso que la mayoría de la comunidad aquí solo habla inglés, entonces quizás puedas traducir tu pregunta a ingles usando google? Podría decirnos también qué cambios has realizado en tu motor o cuántos caballos de fuerza produce?
Tks man,

My RS is still in stock.

I already made the post in English

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cuantas millas o kilómetros tiene tu vehículo?
Hay veces que se calienta el clutch y da ese olor.
No necesariamente significa que está dañado y necesita un remplazo.

Pero hay muchas opciones de clutch, depende de tu estilo de manejar y de que modificaciones tienes o estás planeando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Pero hay muchas opciones de clutch, depende de tu estilo de manejar y de que modificaciones tienes o estás planeando

70 mil kilometros
Eso pense, pero hoy que lo maneje, al estacionarme me di cuenta que si sigue oliendo a quemado :(

NO tiene modificaciones, estoy por pedir el kit mountune B7 y cat-back Borla

Que te parece el XClutch ceramico?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm surprised your clutch is gone that quickly. Have you launched the car a lot? One thing the instructors made sure to mention at the RS academy is to never slip the clutch when launching. It's too small to dissipate heat. Counter-intuitive to someone who is used to driving Subarus, but dropping the clutch makes sense with the way our AWD works.

Maybe it's nothing you did and you have a faulty clutch. I drive my car pretty hard and have 88,000km on it and never even a slip or smell from the clutch.

I wish I had a suggestion for you on a performance clutch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Imo the RS stock clutch smells when driven hard, even with low miles. My aftermarket clutch smells when driven hard too. I replaced my oem clutch at around 12,000 miles due to the smell, not from the clutch slipping. Once I had it apart the disk appeared to have alot of life left. I went with the fx 350 and single mass flywheel. I’ve gone another 12k and still smell the clutch after hard runs, that never changed. I realize now, don’t replace it until it is slipping!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Imo the RS stock clutch smells when driven hard, even with low miles. My aftermarket clutch smells when driven hard too. I replaced my oem clutch at around 12,000 miles due to the smell, not from the clutch slipping. Once I had it apart the disk appeared to have alot of life left. I went with the fx 350 and single mass flywheel. I’ve gone another 12k and still smell the clutch after hard runs, that never changed. I realize now, don’t replace it until it is slipping!
It was probably the brakes you were smelling. The flywheel will show obvious evidence of a slipping clutch when you pull it apart.

Ciao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts