Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I am the owner of a 2016 Ford Focus RS. I got the car July 22 of 2016. I complained to the dealer about 6 months ago about my shifter have an issue with reverse and first gear. (it would jam up occasionally.) a technician drove the car and assured me everything was fine. Well... yesterday i found myself costing into the liquor store. (i didn't know i need a drink, but my car did).

First, My cars clutch pedal felt springy at about 3/4 of the way down. Than five minutes later at 1/4 of the way down it felt very resistive and i couldn't get it into gear. i ended up getting it from 1st to second and than costing in where i was unable to put it into gear.

Ford tells me today that it is the clutch (duh) and that its going to cost 3k. i called ford they say its covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and now i wait to see what the dealer is going to say.

Does anyone have a similar experience. if so don't wait!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Folks,

I am the owner of a 2016 Ford Focus RS. I got the car July 22 of 2016. I complained to the dealer about 6 months ago about my shifter have an issue with reverse and first gear. (it would jam up occasionally.) a technician drove the car and assured me everything was fine. Well... yesterday i found myself costing into the liquor store. (i didn't know i need a drink, but my car did).

First, My cars clutch pedal felt springy at about 3/4 of the way down. Than five minutes later at 1/4 of the way down it felt very resistive and i couldn't get it into gear. i ended up getting it from 1st to second and than costing in where i was unable to put it into gear.

Ford tells me today that it is the clutch (duh) and that its going to cost 3k. i called ford they say its covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and now i wait to see what the dealer is going to say.

Does anyone have a similar experience. if so don't wait!
There have been reports of the clutch pedal getting hard after a long drive without changing gear as in a freeway drive. One actuation and its back to normal again apparently.
Keep us posted on the outcome.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Try opening and reclosing the brake fluid reservoir. The brakes and clutch share fluid. Sometimes the vent was getting pinched or something from the factory.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Try opening and reclosing the brake fluid reservoir. The brakes and clutch share fluid. Sometimes the vent was getting pinched or something from the factory.
Good point and easy to do. Both my cars had overfilled brake/clutch reserviors from the factory that I had to syringe fluid out of to stop the cap weeping. The new reservior cap seals dont actually seal 100% like the old style as the seal has a small slit that acts as a valve that will allow air and fluid to migrate across the bladder under some circumstances. First thing to do is a clutch bleed and see how it goes from there.

Ciao

1 - 5 of 5 Posts