Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i’m really wanting a focus RS for all the right reasons and are wondering how the clutch feels? like is it heavy or is it light and easy to drive. i live in seattle so i experience a bunch of traffic and i broke my leg a few years ago so i was wondering on what it’s gonna feel like. whether it’s heavy or not im planning to get one anyways, i really like them. thank you for the information :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I installed the Steeda clutch spring 2 years ago, it lightens it up and you can actually feel the clutch engagement. Feathering the clutch was frustrating with the stock spring, super easy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
2017 RS
21 Posts
Have you looked on Turo to see if you have one locally that you could try out? A one day rental is what pushed me over the edge to get mine and answered most the questions I had beyond other peoples opinions and the numbers you can find online.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Have you looked on Turo to see if you have one locally that you could try out? A one day rental is what pushed me over the edge to get mine and answered most the questions I had beyond other peoples opinions and the numbers you can find online.
Here I go again....This car is like sex. You can read about it, talk about it, watch it, but until you’ve tried it, you won’t ever understand it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I find it to be light- to medium-pressure. I don't sit in crawling traffic often, but it doesn't bother me. Easier than other sports cars I've owned. It does have a bit of a weird non-linear action that catches people off-guard. It's hard to explain. It doesn't make it more difficult, you just need to get used to it.

Another nice feature if you crawl in traffic frequently: if you let the clutch out in first with no throttle, the car blips the throttle itself appropriately to get you moving along. Nice little trick.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Here I go again....This car is like sex. You can read about it, talk about it, watch it, but until you’ve tried it, you won’t ever understand it.
I was going to say the exact same about sex, it's like the RS! 🍻

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also ordered the Steeda clutch spring and it was a great upgrade. It really evens out the clutch feeling throughout the push in. I personally don't feel like it made it any harder or easier to push the clutch in. Compared to my other cars the RS is dead in between. I have a Civic Si that I would consider light pressure and a V8 Mustang that is definitely heavy pressure since it is a cable clutch and not hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I was going to say the exact same about sex, it's like the RS! 🍻
I guess we’re the official forum sick-os
I also ordered the Steeda clutch spring and it was a great upgrade. It really evens out the clutch feeling throughout the push in. I personally don't feel like it made it any harder or easier to push the clutch in. Compared to my other cars the RS is dead in between. I have a Civic Si that I would consider light pressure and a V8 Mustang that is definitely heavy pressure since it is a cable clutch and not hydraulic.
ordered a spring min. ago. phillofoc had me at “feeling the clutch engagement“

1 - 9 of 9 Posts