Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a few hours searching, but can't seem to find anything concrete. Probably because not many people have actually driven the RS?

What will the clutch feel like? Will you be able to feel the engagement point? Or is it fully electronic with no feel?

·
Registered
376 Posts
It seems like they have paid very close attention to everything about the feel of the car. So I can't imagine they would leave the clutch out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like they have paid very close attention to everything about the feel of the car. So I can't imagine they would leave the clutch out.
I agree - but I can't seem to find any press, or comments, specifically about it, positive or negative.

I saw one opinion about the stall that happened at the Ford Nationals. Some commented about clutch feel, but that seems more speculation then anything else.

Perhaps someone else has some insight on it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So few have driven one, I don't think you will find anything and if so it's still from a pre production model...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The only non project member or Ford employee to drive one I think is Ken Block. You will have to wait a few months until the journalists get a chance to take a spin. You may have to read a few articles unless the clutch really sticks out good or bad, it's not something that everyone writes about.

I agree - but I can't seem to find any press, or comments, specifically about it, positive or negative.

I saw one opinion about the stall that happened at the Ford Nationals. Some commented about clutch feel, but that seems more speculation then anything else.

Perhaps someone else has some insight on it?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I sat in a shifted one (car not running). Felt just like an ST, not heavy at all. Shifter had considerably shorter throws than the ST along with a short (height wise) stick.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I sat in a shifted one (car not running). Felt just like an ST, not heavy at all. Shifter had considerably shorter throws than the ST along with a short (height wise) stick.
I haven't looked close enough at the interior photos, but.
Did they use the same small reverse lockout lift ring as they did on the ST?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
MidCow3
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing