Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This from a friend in the uk in the industry:-

Spoke to my Ford friend today & he mentioned there's another RS coming out in 2017 called the clubsport. It will be a light weight version with roll cage & it was mentioned of it being a 3 door version.

Only a rumor but might be cool. I feel the 3 door bit unlikely seeing ad the global platform is 5 door.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
Makes sense the same thing happened when the FoST first came out, but as a 4dr.

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
The ST-R? Sadly the parts for the ST-R didn't exactly make themselves available for purchase :(
Yeah, it was the ST-R but never heard anymore about it. No parts offered kept it exclusive and I'm curious as to how many Ford sold of them.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
individual parts, no, you could buy the whole car through certain Ford Dealers, price was close to 100K
Yes you could, but it did little for the enthusiasts who wanted more from their ST. The ST-R had some amazing bits on it, and I have no idea why you couldn't buy them and fit them to the ST, from a catalog or anything.

Vehicles like the ST-R are cool but I would much rather something like the RS500 so it actually benefits the customers who own the RS to upgrade theirs with factory parts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
at that price you would be better served to just go custom, thats crazy
IIRC, it was practically a body-in-white(BIW aka no VIN) with race-ready parts all installed and ready to go for sanctioned races. IOW, not a car for the casual enthusiast.

100k$ was a decent deal for those in the market for a turnkey race car.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sounds like rumor to me. No doubt the RS500 will be out, but Shelby, roush, and others will have their own models and packages.

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Even they say the rumors are for a 5-door. I can't see them changing a global chassis this late in its life. It would have to go back through all the basic structural crash testing and everything.

But it still sounds cool! I would certainly have gone for an option-reduced version if it had a substantial performance gain.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
DeltaT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing