Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Having a helluva time trying to find some part numbers for a couple clips I broke taking out my intake to install my ethanol sensor. Anybody got a part number on this guy? (forgot he was back there when taking it off haha)

And this guy...

Looks like it zipties to the big coolant hose and clips onto the overflow hose? I looked at diagrams for the radiator and cooling components, but don't see this specific fastener. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not gonna be available as Ford parts. The top one comes with the vacuum tube, so if you really want it's 35 bucks. lol
You can google push in cable clip or fir tree cable clip. Lmk if you find one though cuz I'd like some too.

Second one looks like 14A163H.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not gonna be available as Ford parts. The top one comes with the vacuum tube, so if you really want it's 35 bucks. lol
You can google push in cable clip or fir tree cable clip. Lmk if you find one though cuz I'd like some too.

Second one looks like 14A163H.
35 bucks?! Sheeeeeiiiiiiiit... For that much, I'll gorilla glue this b*tch back together. Haha! I'm sure I can figure something out with a zip tie or elastic band. Fortunately, these clip locations seem inconsequential, so I'm sure a ghetto fix will work good enough. Thanks for that second part number too. I can probably even put a zip tie on top of the zip tie portion of that one. I'll probably hit up my local dealer parts department tomorrow to see if they have these clips in stock.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be clear it's the vacuum line that's 35. lol. But they don't sell the clip by itself.
Fir Tree Cable Clips - Single | JET PRESS
Fir Tree Cable Clips - Single | JET PRESS

^Maybe you could order a sample from there.
Haha! I kind of assumed that. Confirmed with my local Ford parts department that it only comes with the vacuum line. Asked if the service guys keep a box of random clips like these when swapping out parts. You would think that would be the smart thing. Was told they simply "throw everything away." Sure... Sounds wasteful to me.

It's all good though. Finished up my ethanol sensor install today. Came up with some "creative solutions" for these clips. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So like I mentioned, my cheapness drove the "innovation" of ghetto rigging up these two clips that I broke. For the vacuum line clip:

It was a combo of two things. All I gotta say is, gawd bless the man who invented zip ties. Haha! I used plenty of them during my ethanol sensor install. Will it hold? Well, let's just say I was able to hold the intake piping up by just that clip when I was testing it to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.

For the coolant hose, I just simply cut it, filed down the sharp plastic edges, and used another zip tie that ran across it perpendicularly to hold it on the hose.

So all seemed to work out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts