101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Post some pics and vids!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I checked out Depaul College Prep's lot on Rockwell. Only downside is it's literally right next to police station

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I checked out Depaul College Prep's lot on Rockwell. Only downside is it's literally right next to police station

Ummmm..... NEXT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick question for all Chicago-land area RS owners;

Where do you get your car washed?
I daily drive mine and during the summer I wash my car in my garage at least every other week. With chicago being so cold that it makes it impossible to wash under 40° weather, I've been wondering if anyone has a favorite car wash that has proven to be tried and true?

Thanks in advance.
-RS-er

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quick question for all Chicago-land area RS owners;

Where do you get your car washed?
I daily drive mine and during the summer I wash my car in my garage at least every other week. With chicago being so cold that it makes it impossible to wash under 40° weather, I've been wondering if anyone has a favorite car wash that has proven to be tried and true?

Thanks in advance.
-RS-er
I go to Tower Car Wash over in Oak Forest. It’s just a 10 min drive from me but they have steaming hot water running through their systems. I’m not doing a full blown detail jobs during winter so I just spray the car good in areas where the salt builds up.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Under carriage spray is a must.

One thing I do t miss living in the mid west.

Salt buildup under the car is a pain

·
Registered
331 Posts
Anyone have a place that is brushless near Downers Grove or North Center (60618)? There was a place in Calumet City but I don’t live near there anymore. I bought a new car and would like to get it washed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm up on the northside near Wrigley and I've been to a couple but I always feel like it's so rushed and more of a passover than anything. I know, I know, it's a wash not a full detail. I guess since I wash my own car my standards are a little high.

·
Registered
2018 Focus RS
10 Posts
Seems like in my area (near Orland Park) they are all being replaced. The closest touchless was converted into an import exchange. Other than that there's Speedways touchless but I don't trust them since my last run-in. I'd rather do it myself with the quarters lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems like in my area (near Orland Park) they are all being replaced. The closest touchless was converted into an import exchange. Other than that there's Speedways touchless but I don't trust them since my last run-in. I'd rather do it myself with the quarters lol
The nice thing about that one is they have an automatic touch-less. As far as I know it's the only one on the north side

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does anyone have a car lift I could rent for an hour or two? Just need to toss on this new skid plate and I really don't want to do it laying on my back XD

101 - 119 of 119 Posts