Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I've been an avid Honda-head for a few decades now, with D-B-K series builds all under my belt. I've gravitated towards the older EF styles mainly but have owned every Si they made until the 08 model. I've had an MCS in there which ran about 300hp back in 05, and I had one of the first BRZ's in WI back in '12 which I just sold last summer. Currently I was in the process of building a 300hp EF RT4WD wagon, but after beating around the bush for a while with getting a newer car I've decided to forgo the RT build and put that money towards an RS. I've been auto-xing since I was 16, have hit most of the tracks in the midwest and southeast and have been to the Nurburgring twice. I'm really looking forward to having a totally stock car that will be up to the task of some track days and auto-x events.

c3a912652e4ccf0.jpg

IMG_3194.JPG

This will be my first domestic car, and although the interior design isn't as good as I'd like, the performance of the car, and the driving experience I think will make those concerns dissolve as the smile on my face grows.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the community and hopefully meet some new friends along the way.

-Jacob

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
built not bought is cool until you start adulting. once you start successfully adulting and get a decent job, bought not built makes a lot more sense and comes with a nice warranty and that new car smell.
I never understood honda's and never will but it sounds like you had some nice rides.

welcome to the site, and the wait... the effing long wait!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@lymerock, I'm with you on the bought not built. I've got a block, head, and a stack of parts in my garage just waiting for some loving but I've been so busy with work/house/family etc. that I just don't have time to really build a project unless it's one weekend a month and then I just feel like I'll be rushing to get as much done as possible and it just doesn't seem like I'll enjoy it. I hope that at some point I have the time to build another project car, and I'd really like to get into the IT circuit here in the Midwest but that wont be for a few years at best.

For me the engineering and technology of Honda's really grabbed me when I was getting into the scene in the early 90's. I remember I had gotten rear ended at a light and my 90 civic Si was in the shop. I had a Sunfire GT as a rental which I think was a 2.3L, my 1.6L Honda made 108hp and so not knowing much about cars at the time I just assumed that the hp ratio would remain about the same. I was really excited to be in a car that made 200+ hp but when I read through the manual in the GT's glove box and learned that it only made 130hp I was really confused. The interior looked like 'Fischer Priece's my-first-interior' in comparison and those two things just really drove me away from American cars until the last few years. I travel a lot for work and have pretty much every rental under the sun within a year and I think GM and Ford have really stepped up their games in terms of design and the overall feel of the cars. I think that their interiors are still a little gimmicky bur maybe it's just because it's not what I'm used to. Also, Ford seems to really love the hatchback and 18/19 cars I've owned have had hatches so they won me over a little bit more with that. Add to that they are one of the few companies that have been in the WRC consistently, they never took any bailout money, they want 20 performance models in their lineup, and they have really impressed me over the last few years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Superhatch
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing