Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker/information soaker.
Loving my RS and there's a lot of smart people on these forums, so its time for me to join in.

I have a 16' Stealth Grey RS Mk3 with basic bolt-ons/tune at 22k miles.
My "fun car" car history includes a 370z, Mini R55, and Subaru STI.
Someone ran a red light and totaled my STI, leading me to pick up the RS.

I'm still a pretty big noob with this platform so I'm hoping to soak up info from this forum on my journey to more fun, and more power. I'm an "ask questions/read for way too long, then do the project" type of guy.

At the time of this introductory post, I'm looking at some Project 6gr Ten 19" Wheels and searching for the best/safest way to go flex-fuel. I've seen the Livernois option but am still in the research phase!

Current bolt-ons/small aesthetic mods listed below photos.
Cheers!

Current Bolt Ons/Modifications:
  • AWE Track Edition Exhaust
  • Injen Cold Air Intake
  • Mountune Short Throw
  • Radium Engineering Catch Can
  • Pedders Extreme XA Coil-Overs
  • KW EDC Kit
  • GoFastBits DV+ VTA
  • Whiteline Front/Rear Sway Bars
  • Massive Front Strut Tower Brace
  • Lathe Works Shift Knob
  • Spec-D Black Tail Lights
  • iJDM Smoked Sequential Turn Signals
  • Cobb AP
  • ProTuned by National Speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! How was your experience with National Speed. They seem very professional but have heard mixed reviews.
Thanks!

They are very professional when you're at the shop, and as far as the tune went they did a fantastic job.
You can tell they're interested in helping you achieve what you need. They knew a good bit about the RS and have done a few before mine.
I can't speak for more in-depth builds with them as all they have done is my tune.
My only complaint is if they tell you they'll call back in a couple hours, it might be a day or so. Other than that, a positive experience by me.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Welcome! You’ve already helped a member..me.
Interesting to read your mods. Mentioning your sequential signals, put me back on track to order a set. (again) 1st time was a failure from Allisomethingorother
Thanks!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Awsome build.
But as far as flex fuel you only have one option.That is Livernois.
You can do e85 tuning and 93 but true flex fuel Livernois is the only one as they use different software that allows them to do that.
I have been running that setup since 17 with mine and it works great. Just requires a hpfp by them, injectors and the tuner and tunes from them.
So if you have a access port you will have to buy the mycal from lms but well worth it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks!

They are very professional when you're at the shop, and as far as the tune went they did a fantastic job.
You can tell they're interested in helping you achieve what you need. They knew a good bit about the RS and have done a few before mine.
I can't speak for more in-depth builds with them as all they have done is my tune.
My only complaint is if they tell you they'll call back in a couple hours, it might be a day or so. Other than that, a positive experience by me.
That's good to hear. I hear nothing but great things about their primary tuner, Vlad.

·
Registered
912 Posts
You could do it with syvec I believe. But that is not usually an option most want to go because the added cost. But I do believe you can with that one also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't the Syvecs system do true flex fuel? Not to get into too much on this thread...
Wow, I checked it out, looks to be a bit much for my end goals with this car to be honest. Really cool piece of tech tho. And pricey. ;)

Awsome build.
But as far as flex fuel you only have one option.That is Livernois.
So if you have a access port you will have to buy the mycal from lms but well worth it.
Gotcha, I plan on giving them a call soon to talk it over with them. Seems to be the best option for me so far.
I do have concerns about the MyCal tho, I assume they do eTunes if I send them data logs?
I don't know of anyone in NC that can tune on one as of right now.
AccessPort's widespread support has been super convenient.
If I remember right, I read somewhere that the first MyCals were missing some features that the AP has?
Moreover, I've never done an eTune before, all my cars were dyno'd in person so I have a bit of worry there considering my 'mish mash' of parts.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts