Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2017 Focus RS with a mountune tune by Randy. A month ago I installed an intercooler. I drove it a few times with no issues. This week I installed a mishimoto hot side pipe. When I started the car it immediately indicated drive modes were unavailable and the check engine light came on. I shut it down and during a visual inspection discovered the MAP sensor was unplugged. I plugged the sensor in and the drive modes are available, but the check engine light remained. I disconnected the battery for five seconds, but the check engine light still remains. Could the combination of intercooler and mishimoto pipe be causing a lean condition? I'm thinking of uninstalling the tune to see if the stock parameters will adapt to the modifications I've made. The cars intake and air inlet pipes are stock.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Assuming you have a Cobb AP, you can use it to try to read the code causing the CEL, then you can research/post what the code is and have an idea of what's causing it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you have a Cobb AP, you can use it to try to read the code causing the CEL, then you can research/post what the code is and have an idea of what's causing it.
I had no idea the AP has that function. Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know what it says.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Also, disconnecting the battery for only 5 seconds may not reset short term memory. it may take a few key cycles and drive time for the ECU to see the proper sensor values and turn off the CEL. I agree with @BigFatFlip, pull and post them codes and it will tell you a lot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P0238
Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit high

P08B2 disconnected sensor.

I reset both, started the car and everything has cleared up.

THANKS!! :)(y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, disconnecting the battery for only 5 seconds may not reset short term memory. it may take a few key cycles and drive time for the ECU to see the proper sensor values and turn off the CEL. I agree with @BigFatFlip, pull and post them codes and it will tell you a lot.
Indeed, I reset the codes and she's ready to roll!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts