Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically as the title says. Trying to check check my pads to get a general idea of what the pads are at and looking for how to do it without taking the wheel off? I know it’s a dumb question

Edit - after getting the “google it” answer I rightly deserved I need to clarify. I DID google it first but I felt like it was to simple lol just wanted to make sure me literally looking at the pads and measuring on the front WAS correct before I made a bad assumption

·
5,608 Posts
LMGTFY
Aside from the humour this is a good link.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right... so I deserved that for not being clearer lol I’m paranoid and felt like it was to simple for me to just look and measure the front pads lol

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LMGTFY
Aside from the humour this is a good link.
But yes humor aside that is more of what I was looking for compared to the generic JD articles etc.

Just started doing more autocross and track events and so wanted to learn how to properly check everything myself to at least keep a better eye on everything. Thanks!

·
5,608 Posts
But yes humor aside that is more of what I was looking for compared to the generic JD articles etc.

Just started doing more autocross and track events and so wanted to learn how to properly check everything myself to at least keep a better eye on everything. Thanks!
Yes, with the forged 19'' wheels you'll get a birds eye view of the brake pads.
Just use a smartphone torch at the side to get a good look at the pad thickness.
Best of luck, that reminds me should go and check mine too.

Thnx
:thumbsup:

·
5,608 Posts
Checked back and fronts.

Definitely the backs are worn down. Are the backs thinner depth than front pads? They look much smaller too.

Only 12k (km) on clock. Fronts are hardly worn but they seem to be touching the rotors whilst parked. Is this normal ?

Tia

·
5,608 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts