Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored so I made a quick video on some cheap amazon foglights I purchased a few months ago. If you're interested in purchasing the same ones I put a link in the video description. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
230 Posts
That sounds like a good deal, but I still doubt the practicality of white fog lights. Also in the video, it appears that after the install the light pattern had changed and was no longer symmetrical? Was it an issue with the fitment of the new bulbs?

Edit: it would show the lights better if you had the headlights off and only fog lights on. The video as is doesn't really show the light pattern from the fog lights or a good comparison as the headlights completely overshadowed the fog lights.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a good deal, but I still doubt the practicality of white fog lights. Also in the video, it appears that after the install the light pattern had changed and was no longer symmetrical? Was it an issue with the fitment of the new bulbs?

Edit: it would show the lights better if you had the headlights off and only fog lights on. The video as is doesn't really show the light pattern from the fog lights or a good comparison as the headlights completely overshadowed the fog lights.
I honestly didn't think of that at the moment. I could post a picture with the lights off and only the fog lights on against the garage wall to help gauge the light pattern. There was no fitment issues at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice find man. I just consider my fog lights to be decoration, and I'm not a fan of the stock off white. I'll be looking to pick up some of these.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find man. I just consider my fog lights to be decoration, and I'm not a fan of the stock off white. I'll be looking to pick up some of these.
I agree! I didn't even drive with the fog lights on until I got these LED bulbs. Looks way better!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I dont know if this video is of the ones that switch from yellow to white, but I had some issues with them if it is.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
I dont know if this video is of the ones that switch from yellow to white, but I had some issues with them if it is.
He's got the straight-up white ones (the link to them is in the video description).

I've had the white/yellow ones since I've had my RS (since Sept 2017), never had any issues with them except once in a while they'd come on different colors... simply turning them off for about 20 seconds and turning back on always seems to fix the mismatch.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's got the straight-up white ones (the link to them is in the video description).

I've had the white/yellow ones since I've had my RS (since Sept 2017), never had any issues with them except once in a while they'd come on different colors... simply turning them off for about 20 seconds and turning back on always seems to fix the mismatch.
Correct, the ones I posted are only white. I actually avoided getting the switchback yellow/white fogs after hearing your experience with them! Didn't want mismatching fogs

·
Registered
261 Posts
I picked up a set too and installed them today. Agree that they are a huge improvement over the OEM halogens. Simple install and they are a good match to the LED DRLs.
Thanks for sharing the tip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to chime in on this. I installed the Hikari fog lights from amazon this weekend and my initial impressions are very good. These claim a light output of 9600 lumens and they also twist to adjust so you can get them lined up just right. Seem to match the brows pretty well and are VERY bright.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up a set too and installed them today. Agree that they are a huge improvement over the OEM halogens. Simple install and they are a good match to the LED DRLs.
Thanks for sharing the tip!
Glad I could help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts