Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS (RS1)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I read through a couple posts about this but I didn’t see exactly what I was looking for. I’m looking to boost ground clearance as much as I can; on the stock setup without obviously doing the 3” lift. Right now I have the stock 235/35R19’s on the stock 10 spoke 19x8’s and stock suspension and brakes and all.

Would it be possible to fit a 235/45R19 or 235/40R19 or similar with the oem suspension.

I read somewhere that it probably wouldn’t work but my question is; would spacers (3/4” to 1”) be enough to clear the suspension to make them fit? Not sure how else to boost ground clearance on stock suspension myself, but if you have any ideas please let me know. I take mine on forest service roads and power line trails and an extra bit of clearance will go a long way until I can afford to lift it. If none of this is possible; what’s the biggest tire size I can squeeze onto an 18” ha ha. Thanks for your time and helping me to learn! Still new to tire sizes and messing with my RS so forgive the rookie questions!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS (RS1)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you read the “lifting the RS” thread?
Yes I have but I have also read a few other threads that mentioned going 235/40 and not being able to clear; but no mention of spacers. I’m going to lift it eventually but for now I just need to see if I can get a little more out of the stock suspension

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If you look at the thread, multiple of us have used to tema4x4 30mm spacers on oem suspension with no ill-effects. Are you afraid of larger tires hitting the spring perch?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS (RS1)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look at the thread, multiple of us have used to tema4x4 30mm spacers on oem suspension with no ill-effects. Are you afraid of larger tires hitting the spring perch?
Yes I was wondering if pushing the wheel out 3/4 of an inch or so would be enough to clear that to fit a 235/40 or a 235/45

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS (RS1)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I’m just going to sell the car instead. Too much money to lift it and not enough support for me to be confident in it

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Update: I’m just going to sell the car instead. Too much money to lift it and not enough support for me to be confident in it
Well that escalated quickly... But probably better for your situation.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts