Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Any update on avideo. i think it would be super helpful!

See this video for the general idea

The "race" part is the 1/2 of the bearing assembly that gets left, well stuck, inside the knuckle

It's a hell of a lot of work to do for extended lug nuts, which I'd love to have on the RS someday, I had them on my Integra and swore by them.

I don't understand the huge $500+ list @Phocus posted a few pages back, why buy all that stuff when all one you pretty much need is a new bearing (plus of course the extended ARP studs) to put it all back together. What was all the rest about? I can kind of understand buying new axle nuts maybe, but all the rest seems unnecessary (unless i'm missing something)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Stripped a stud this weekend, is it true the the front hub is the same across the Focus range? I have a brand new bearing and front hub from a Focus ST available.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Stripped a stud this weekend, is it true the the front hub is the same across the Focus range? I have a brand new bearing and front hub from a Focus ST available.
You can reuse the hub, it's only the bearing that splits in half.

Seems to be the same part # between ST/RS according to tascaparts.com: CV6Z-1215-A

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
17 Participants
MorningZ
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing