Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in and talked to my dealer last week and when he looked up my order he said "Well, you're still awaiting scheduling." Then he clicked a few more things and said "Well that's interesting. You've been bumped to priority 2." I asked what that meant (I know what I've read) and he said it means it's going to be built sooner. Though how soon, he couldn't say.

Anyone else had their priority change into any of the single digits?

·
Registered
47 Posts
What was your priority before? If you got changed from 3 that just means somebody before you cancel the order.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh you got bumped down. I think you should fight for it and have them give you an explanation.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
My priority changed from 19 and is now 48 since my car was selected for scheduling.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh you got bumped down. I think you should fight for it and have them give you an explanation.
Priority is 01 - 99. 01 being highest priority and 99 being lowest.

This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. It’s also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheduled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

The codes start at 1 and run to 99. A dealer can only assign between 10 and 99. A 99 order can't be scheduled. I use these for people that tell me to get them a unit on date (later than normal orders take). I put in a 99'd order so I have what they wanted in the system and don't forget about it and then change it to a buildable priority when time comes they're ready for the truck. The region (or other Ford divisions) can prioritize below 10; I've only seen a 01 priority below 10. They do this in the event of something unusual; most orders never see a priority 01. An example is if they're manually scheduling (like the First F-150 for each dealer, or first year T Birds) or if it’s something that needs to be urgent (first order destroyed in shipping, etc). Again I normally only see this a few times a year. Also if you do get a priority 01, things usually get scheduled fast even if you have some hard to get commodities (but not hold items). More on commodities later. I believe that the under 10 priorities go first through the allocation system.

·
Registered
418 Posts
This would seem as if Ford is taking in all the orders they will build and then prioritizing them. Allocated orders would end up being 02, with special circumstance vehicles being 01, like maybe some test mules or something for magazines/events.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This would seem as if Ford is taking in all the orders they will build and then prioritizing them. Allocated orders would end up being 02, with special circumstance vehicles being 01, like maybe some test mules or something for magazines/events.
That's my thinking. My dealer has been very open about having 2 allocations with everyone. They have more orders than that, but they have told us all only 2 allocations.

I have #1 and @SyncTheory13 has #2. @SyncTheory13 can you see what your priority is?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I went in and talked to my dealer last week and when he looked up my order he said "Well, you're still awaiting scheduling." Then he clicked a few more things and said "Well that's interesting. You've been bumped to priority 2." I asked what that meant (I know what I've read) and he said it means it's going to be built sooner. Though how soon, he couldn't say.

My understanding from everything I have seen on the forum is that an 02 priority code is set by the plant to identify orders for scheduling the following Wednesday/Thursday. Your dealer can only select 10 to 99. 10-19 are fir retail orders and 20 -99 for stock orders. I have not seen anything about priority code being used to identify allocation orders.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
My understanding from everything I have seen on the forum is that an 02 priority code is set by the plant to identify orders for scheduling the following Wednesday/Thursday. Your dealer can only select 10 to 99. 10-19 are fir retail orders and 20 -99 for stock orders. I have not seen anything about priority code being used to identify allocation orders.

This

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It was last Wednesday that I checked... so maybe my order is scheduled then or will be this week...

·
Registered
418 Posts

I meant what you said actually. The orders that will be fulfilled, the plant is giving 02. Special circumstance vehicles 01. I would consider that if your order was changed to 02, then you would have an allocated order and not a retail order.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I meant what you said actually. The orders that will be fulfilled, the plant is giving 02. Special circumstance vehicles 01. I would consider that if your order was changed to 02, then you would have an allocated order and not a retail order.
Allocated orders could be retail or stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts