Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Change oil light

12K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

This message has come up. I'm sitting just over 10000km and had the oil changed about 2000km ago. Any reason why this has come up? The service intervals in Australia should be 15000km or every year (I'll personally never leave it that long).

It isn't a year into owning it yet... The oil level seems fine too.

#3 ·
This is probably the answer. To reset the light, turn the ignition on without holding the clutch/starting the engine and then press and hold the brake and accelerator pedals for about 30 seconds. You'll see it resetting on the screen and it will let you know when it is completed. Pretty sure you have to hold the accelerator pedal all the way down to the floor as well.

#8 ·
It's based on mileage. Both times mine has come on has been within 500 miles of a recent oil change. Use the steps posted above to reset it.

#9 ·
Have you done a lot of high performance driving? I remember when I plug in my phone and use the FordPass app it could show your oil life remaining, however I'm not sure if that's purely based on mileage or if it has some sensor that monitors the oil. Maybe someone could chime in on this.

On a side note, the Euro water temp gauge has actual numbers? Mine just has C to H, which I assume stand for "Cold AF" and "Hell no" respectively, which doesn't give all that much information. On the bright side I have a logical speedo with even intervals which doesn't trigger my OCPD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.