Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guessing that there quite a few San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Austin folks here given how big the Texas ST Enthusiasts group is. Would be nice if we could help each other stay informed on what dealers are getting allocations, what dealers are knowledgeable, etc.

I will start by saying that Mac Haik here in North Austin believes that they will be getting a large allotment and no plans for ADM. Only Austin dealer I have found so far to say that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in Houston, and my closest dealer just keeps giving me the same old lines to get me in the door.... I may just have to, to get some straight answers!!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I'm in Houston, and my closest dealer just keeps giving me the same old lines to get me in the door.... I may just have to, to get some straight answers!!
There are lot of reasonable( MSRP, no ADM) dealers in the Houston area; I would suggest going to another dealer an getting something locked down before next Monday (October 12, 2015 RS order banks officially open). The large Ford dealer in Katy, Auto Nation might be a good suggestion ( not where I ended up depositing, but good to deal with).

Good Luck,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dallas Area -

I know Bob Tomes is getting a few and have stated they will have an ADM (although I have heard conflicting reports on how much).

Has anyone in the Dallas area found a dealer that states they will NOT have an ADM?

Crowley

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've moved back to Alabama, but I used to live in Houston. I bought an ST from Sterling McCall in southwest Houston so I just pinged them asking about allotments and addendum. I've had no luck with Alabama dealers so far. I don't think they understand how cheap a one way ticket from Birmingham to Houston is. It's certainly cheaper than the $5000 ADM they're asking for here.

Anyway, once Sterling McCall gets back to me I will let you guys know what they say.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious if a road trip to Houston would be better than Austin. I have a dealer promising MSRP, keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't try to bend me over.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Five Star Ford in Plano has 3 allocated to them with a 3k markup. I have spec'd and built mine already and will be placing a deposit tomorrow. Fingers crossed it isn't BS.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anybody else near Richardson, I went in to North Central Ford Sept 18th and discussed the RS with their internet sales and GSM, at that time they had no clue as to actual allocation, and barely knew the car, as most. I asked and was told no ADM for me, due to having bought 2 new cars from them and my demographic, lived in Richardson...bla bla..taken as bait the line. When I had made another visit to check out the seating in a 2016 ST, he brought up that they would be getting 3-4 and would be asking $5k over, he assured me that since they(him and his super) had already opened their mouth before allocation was known, I would not have to worry about ADM. Don't really know who else made deposits with them, they had told me someone else was expected to come in that day, possibly from out of town to drop a deposit down.

So who else is in the DFW area, and what is you color of choice to be?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anybody else near Richardson, I went in to North Central Ford Sept 18th and discussed the RS with their internet sales and GSM, at that time they had no clue as to actual allocation, and barely knew the car, as most. I asked and was told no ADM for me, due to having bought 2 new cars from them and my demographic, lived in Richardson...bla bla..taken as bait the line. When I had made another visit to check out the seating in a 2016 ST, he brought up that they would be getting 3-4 and would be asking $5k over, he assured me that since they(him and his super) had already opened their mouth before allocation was known, I would not have to worry about ADM. Don't really know who else made deposits with them, they had told me someone else was expected to come in that day, possibly from out of town to drop a deposit down.

So who else is in the DFW area, and what is you color of choice to be?
I placed my order/deposit with Grapevine Ford. Frozen White RS1 at MSRP.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got some time to tomorrow finally. Going to see if some of these Austin dealers will play ball.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Covert Ford ?
Assume you are asking about the Austin location and not the Hutto location. Maybe it's just me but I have had a bad experience every time I have walked into the Austin location. To quote the joker, "I'm a man of my word" and won't be doing any business with them.

Mac Haik is the only dealership that has even made an effort to look into the RS and verbally committed to MSRP so I will start there. Plus the gentleman that sold me my ST transferred from Covert Hutto to Mac Haik and he treated me straight up on that transaction.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
14 Participants
Skitish
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing