Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My 17 rs is appearing to show signs of the factory cat comitting suicide, and i've decided to switch to an aftermarket downpipe.
I already run a borla ATAK catback, and im a big fan of the catless sound, and not a big fan of the sport cat price tag. unfortunately the only information i can find on fitment for downpipes is ancient (3-4 years ago) when catless downpipes could be bought from borla directly. Is there any downpipe on the market that any of yall are using that i should look into that i could get my hands on? or is anyone currently selling a discontiuned downpipe (milltek, borla, scorpion etc.) that would be interested in finding a buyer?

Also, my state doesnt have emissions, and i dont care about the smell or the noise. if its too much for me i'll just throw on the stock catback and sell the borla.

· Registered
13 Posts
I should have a decat scorpion DP brand new in a week or two once I get my build back. Never used it as the the ETS 3076 turbo kit came with a DP so it never got bolted on. You happen to be in the mid TN area I'll even meet you :) and make a good deal on it

· Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Just be aware, catless is illegal in the US, regardless of your local area's current enforcement of the law. So, if they decide one weekend to enforce it, or you drove to an area that is stricter, you could be fined and such.

• Haha
Reactions: JamoRS

· Registered
2016 RS
69 Posts
You could even just get a custom one made up if an exhaust shop is willing to do it, not sure how it works in the States but in Aus it's fairly easy.

· Premium Member
3,850 Posts
You could even just get a custom one made up if an exhaust shop is willing to do it, not sure how it works in the States but in Aus it's fairly easy.
It's getting harder to find those shops, even for dedicated racecars, due to crack downs on them because of all the morons running them on street cars.

• Haha
Reactions: JamoRS

· Registered
1,467 Posts
I hate this I can have stuff I want on a car I drive 2k a year and burn less than 100 gallons of e85. But those ass hats that make the rules can fly private everywhere never doing a thing.
Not to mention if it were really about emissions they would be pushing e85. But it’s more about how much money they can make and control I g you.
I hate them

· Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
76 Posts
I run Scorpion cat-less dp on my car.

I found this website that sells them.

Clickie

· Registered
2016 RS
69 Posts

· Registered
3,008 Posts
I run Scorpion cat-less dp on my car.

I found this website that sells them.

Clickie

You could always upgrade the turbo with the Mountune kit, comes with a catless downpipe.

Mountune Focus Rs MRX Turbocharger Power Upgrade (mountuneusa.com)

Can say from doing it myself that it was a good upgrade from the OEM turbro.

You are both "morons" according to the tree hugger above

🤣🤣🤣

· Registered
367 Posts
"Attack the idea, not the person." Good words to live by. I can see both benefits to this issue. I've run no cats on my Z, I am not going to be a hypocrite. But resorting to name calling does not help anyone, attack the idea instead as Snox did. Just trying to keep peace. ✌

Edit: I don't have a Twitter account and barely pay attention to it for a reason. This sort of behavior belongs on those platforms. I come here to get away from the toxicity, please don't ruin it for others that enjoy it here, thanks. (y)

· Premium Member
3,850 Posts
You are both "morons" according to the tree hugger above

🤣🤣🤣
And there you go with assumptions, that are wrong. I'm more of a law-abiding citizen, if I was a tree hugger, I would not have kept my 67 Lincoln around, 8MPG and no emissions other than a PVC valve. I have a cat-less setup for my Civic, once I'm ready to convert it to a track only car I'll be installing when turning in the registration tags and it will ride on the trailer behind my Ranger to events.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
And there you go with assumptions, that are wrong. I'm more of a law-abiding citizen, if I was a tree hugger, I would not have kept my 67 Lincoln around, 8MPG and no emissions other than a PVC valve. I have a cat-less setup for my Civic, once I'm ready to convert it to a track only car I'll be installing when turning in the registration tags and it will ride on the trailer behind my Ranger to events.

I’m more in the civil disobedience department.
First problem is what you are talking about is not against the law. Laws can only be passed in congress and as far as I’ve seen that is not the case the epa passed a rule not a law.
Second things that are found to be in contrast with basic freedoms should not be followed.
We should all want to do what’s best for the environment. But not forced by hypocritical people who display zero common sense.

· Registered
367 Posts
You guys both make valid points, going to stay out of it, it is why we use a forum to communicate and debate, share, etc. We don't have to resort to pettiness to make a great point and understand.

Sorry for butting in again.

· Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I’m more in the civil disobedience department.
First problem is what you are talking about is not against the law. Laws can only be passed in congress and as far as I’ve seen that is not the case the epa passed a rule not a law.
Second things that are found to be in contrast with basic freedoms should not be followed.
We should all want to do what’s best for the environment. But not forced by hypocritical people who display zero common sense.
Well, perhaps you need to read the Clean Air Act amendments that were voted on in the house and senate and signed by the president in 1990. In there, it clearly states that it is a criminal act (illegal) for anyone, even the owner of the car, to remove emissions controls. If people were smart the government would not need to make laws to get the right thing done, but so many people proved too be ill-witted or selfish without the law that they felt the need to make it. And as people continue to do that (act ill-witted or selfish), you can only expect more laws if the laws that already exist are ignored.

There is no logic where not having a cat is a basic freedom, that is just, well, ill-witted logic. Clean air, that would be more of basic freedom. Because harmful emissions have been proven to be harmful to others, those that illegal remove emissions controls are infringing on the rights of others to clean air. While each is only a small percent of the problem, it adds up, and the more people following this criminal habit the faster it will add up. As I've said in places before, I'm old enough to remember the air was so bad around cities that it was making people sick.

· Registered
2016 RS
69 Posts
End of the day, play stupid games get stupid prizes.

If people end up running something illegal on their own vehicle, you just have to accept responsibility of your own actions.

Reactions: NISMO_IX and JamoRS

· Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I should have a decat scorpion DP brand new in a week or two once I get my build back. Never used it as the the ETS 3076 turbo kit came with a DP so it never got bolted on. You happen to be in the mid TN area I'll even meet you :) and make a good deal on it
hey sorry for the later reply, im out in the seattle area unfortunately, would you be willing to ship?

· Premium Member
675 Posts
Well, perhaps you need to read the Clean Air Act amendments that were voted on in the house and senate and signed by the president in 1990. In there, it clearly states that it is a criminal act (illegal) for anyone, even the owner of the car, to remove emissions controls. If people were smart the government would not need to make laws to get the right thing done, but so many people proved too be ill-witted or selfish without the law that they felt the need to make it. And as people continue to do that (act ill-witted or selfish), you can only expect more laws if the laws that already exist are ignored.

There is no logic where not having a cat is a basic freedom, that is just, well, ill-witted logic. Clean air, that would be more of basic freedom. Because harmful emissions have been proven to be harmful to others, those that illegal remove emissions controls are infringing on the rights of others to clean air. While each is only a small percent of the problem, it adds up, and the more people following this criminal habit the faster it will add up. As I've said in places before, I'm old enough to remember the air was so bad around cities that it was making people sick.
Ahh yes. The smog in LA and a couple other cities (& states) where people are existentially stupid. Trying to fit more than millions of people (and people are essentially stupid because the govt has tried to save them from themselves and irreparably diluted the gene pool with stupid) in a space only big enough for 10k people. Then complain the place stinks and the rest of the world must concede to their narcissistic whims.

No worries though. The Govts of the planet, especially the Chinese, has seen their error and released the weaponized bat virus onto the planet to eliminate as many stupids as possible. You know, those idiots who accepted the not-a-vaccine injection(s).

There is only one continent that has escaped the virus and that’s Africa. They have been ingesting the most effective drugs against the bat virus and many others for decades. Those ancient drugs our govt tried to ban and the medical field would not prescribe under threat of “cancellation”, Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine.

Oh yeah, the “ozone” hole above Antarctica is still massive even though all the chemicals were eliminated many decades ago.

It all will come out in the wash when the magnetic poles flip over later on this century.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.