Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Merry Christmas,

I was wondering if anyone ever purchased an RS through Carvana. I'm looking at a 17 RS with around 25k miles for about 30k. Also, with the issues on the head gasket and engine in general, would these 17s be fixed of those issues? I haven't been able to find anything when looking at the CarFax.

Thanks,
SF

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Most 2017 are part of the recall. Only very late production 17s are not under the recall. Call Ford with the VIN to see if it was part of the Recall and if it was done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most 2017 are part of the recall. Only very late production 17s are not under the recall. Call Ford with the VIN to see if it was part of the Recall and if it was done.
In your opinion, if this recall was completed on the vehicle would it be fine to buy? I guess I'm just wondering if doing this type of recall on a performance motor would jeopardize the engine in anyway.

·
Registered
736 Posts
In your opinion, if this recall was completed on the vehicle would it be fine to buy? I guess I'm just wondering if doing this type of recall on a performance motor would jeopardize the engine in anyway.
Life throws opportunities your way in the magnitude of an RS prob once in lifetime for us USA FOLKS. You can sit back and read all the drama as others own and use em or go get one before u can’t and address all warranty repairs and such as needed once you own the VIN. Ford is obligated to repair and fix it if under warranty. Regardless of ownership or amounts of owners. My point is I’ve owned an RS since June 2016 and I ain’t going back to any thing else for quite awhile. This car is Fkn glorious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my '16 RS from Carvana with 23k miles for about $30k as well. That was just last month. Most of the process was pretty easy and it was the most convenient way to buy for me since I'm in Mass and our registration laws are weird. They make buying out of state a huge hassle and there isn't exactly a ton of these cars for sale nearby.

My main piece of advice if you go through with it is to get it very throughly inspected, mechanical and cosmetic. I don't think their QA is very good. My car had some paint issues on the driver side door which came from them poorly repainting it. This was not shown in pictures nor on the inspection checklist which I found pretty shady. They agreed to have it repainted again and it did come out better after that, but the process was aggravating. I'm not sure that I would do it again. My advice would be to return the car if it's not 100% perfect when it's dropped off and just try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased my '16 RS from Carvana with 23k miles for about $30k as well. That was just last month. Most of the process was pretty easy and it was the most convenient way to buy for me since I'm in Mass and our registration laws are weird. They make buying out of state a huge hassle and there isn't exactly a ton of these cars for sale nearby.

My main piece of advice if you go through with it is to get it very throughly inspected, mechanical and cosmetic. I don't think their QA is very good. My car had some paint issues on the driver side door which came from them poorly repainting it. This was not shown in pictures nor on the inspection checklist which I found pretty shady. They agreed to have it repainted again and it did come out better after that, but the process was aggravating. I'm not sure that I would do it again. My advice would be to return the car if it's not 100% perfect when it's dropped off and just try again.

Great. Thank you for your information. Did you go to a Ford Dealership to have it checked out or just a local shop to do the inspection? I probably won't buy right now as I have a few other priorities that came up suddenly, but I will hopefully soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to a local shop because the guy who did the inspection is like the go to guy for RS/ST modding in my area. I would try asking your local FB group or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts