Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Carloop interface can reprogram the A/C control system? In particular I'd like to disable automatic A/C functions under all conditions (now when you have the front defroster on the A/C is also on) unless the A/C is activated using the A/C button.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Actually I love this idea. I understand why the AC is on with defrost, but I want the option to have defrost on WITHOUT ac and turn it on if I want it to be

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Can't you do that on FORScan?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I didn't see it as an option. I haven't used it recently but I don't think it was there in the main menus. I'll go to their website again and see it is a recent addition. My concern isn't the power loss but the moisture that accumulates on the internal element. Over time starts to smell really bad - I have to clean it with Lysol through the vents and it goes away but eventually does come back. And most of the time SF Bay Area is dry and cool enough so even though I'm using outside air there isn't a need to dry the air using the A/C.

Update: Didn't see anything in the FORScan forums. In the meantime, they've released a new version 2.4.1 which is only compatible with wired EX and bluetooth MX+ adapters so I have to get another one before running it. Should be here on Sunday so I'll check after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts