Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
16,901 Posts
Tasca has it for 157.xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, that one however isn't heated. I wonder if it's flat bottomed cause the illustration doesn't show that appears to be a regular focus wheel but listed as being for an RS?.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a new wheel and am shipping it to DCTMS. I've asked them to make it slightly thicker with firmer padding, full alcantara, and blue stitching. Will update thread with pics when I get it.

Thank you to everyone for the help you have all provided!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a new wheel and am shipping it to DCTMS. I've asked them to make it slightly thicker with firmer padding, full alcantara, and blue stitching. Will update thread with pics when I get it.

Thank you to everyone for the help you have all provided!
Planning to do the same. Which p/n wheel did you end up ordering?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Just to offer some alternative I'll share where/what I had done. I contacted Royal Steering Wheels out of the UK. They can do various custom work, but are limited to various leathers and Alcantara. They don't offer carbon fiber. Typically the do work on customer provided cores.

I wanted a thicker Alcantara wheel with a blue leather strip, and blue stitching. They could do that.

As they're UK based I didn't want to bother with shipping a wheel there, or being without mine in the interim. I did find a RS wheel for $169 .60 including shipping on eBay at: https://ebay.us/jyuqbe , but that plus shipping to the UK and the risk/hassle of it meant £150 Royal Steering Wheels could do for a wheel was more appealing, to me, even if their version didn't include the steering wheel buttons.

I paid £355, which is about $470 today, all-inclusive, meaning shipping, the core, and the work. It took about 3 weeks from payment to delivery. The Christmas and New Year holidays happened in that time. If time is critical, I'd ask them upfront what to expect. They were very forthcoming with me.

Anyhow, for those who are looking for something similar I thought I'd share. It seems this was a comparative bargain.

BTW, the wheel they provided is the heated version. Also, with consideration for "business hours" and the time difference I found Jack to be easily accessible via phone or email.

If you do reach out, I'd appreciate you letting them know you heard about them from "Thom with a H". I'm wanting to get them to do a shift knob for me in the future. I'm hoping that if they get any additional business they know was referred by me they might be more inclined to try it, than if not. No big deal though if you'd rather not mention me. Just thought I'd ask, in case it could help.

Royal Steering Wheels - Jack Mizerski

[email protected]

Royal Steering Wheels
Unit 10b,*
Weston Industrial Estate,
Stoke Mandaville,
Aylesbury,
HP22 5GT,

mobile: 07894209349

www.RoyalSteeringWheels.com

Focus*RS*mk3 2018 -*Black alcantara 9040 + Blue centre stripe at 12 o'clock, Blue 1318 stitching* - SALE

The price would be:

165GBP + 40GBP (Parcelforce 3 days recorded )* + 150GBP wheel

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I wanted a thicker Alcantara wheel with a blue leather strip, and blue stitching.
Thanks for the tip! Beautiful wheel and I love the feeling of new Alcantara but I've seen the mess they turn into after a couple of years of regular use. Hope you have some nice driving gloves

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Beautiful wheel and I love the feeling of new Alcantara but I've seen the mess they turn into after a couple of years of regular use. Hope you have some nice driving gloves
YW, TY. I use a version of these https://www.bionicgloves.com/Bionic...t?quantity=1&custcol1=1&custcol2=3&custcol3=1 for the daily driving. Already used them in the RS with the OEM wheel. They don't list the exact version I have on their sight. The only real difference is mine have a conductivite material on the thumb and forefinger tip, for use with touchscreens. I purchased mine by calling them directly. They're not the most expensive, and I'm not sure they qualify as "nice", but are an incredible value, IMO.

With proper care I expect the wheel's Alcantara will last a good while. I've had them on my vehicles before. One for 4+ years that still looked, essentially, new. That said, I'm obsessive about taking care of my car. I wouldn't recommend an Alcantara wheel for someone that is the sort to only vacuum out the car a few times a year.

Royal Steering wheel can thicken up a wheel with OEM like leather, or other leather options for those that are concerned with maintaining Alcantara.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
thomwithah - that is very similar to what I want! Looks great!

So if I can't find a non-heated one, can anyone think of a reason why I couldn't use a heated version? Those are available all over the place. I have no intention of trying to hook up the heating elements.

OP - sorry for the gigantic threadjacking!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Oh no worries about the thread jacking. I am all about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomwithah

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
thomwithah - that is very similar to what I want! Looks great!

So if I can't find a non-heated one, can anyone think of a reason why I couldn't use a heated version? Those are available all over the place. I have no intention of trying to hook up the heating elements.

OP - sorry for the gigantic threadjacking!
There's very little reason to worry about using a heated wheel without the heat connected as far as I can think of. Might be slightly heavier . Also, you should probably find a way to secure the connection and/or wires for the heat, but beyond that I don't see what could be a drawback.

You could, if covering the wheel, also look at another model's wheel, like late model ST. You can swap the RS badge. Once it's wrapped looked at it installed, it'd be indistinguishable from a original RS wheel that'd been wrapped, in appearance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ah interesting about the ST wheel - I have driven some STs in years past but didn't realize the steering wheels were the same design. Thank you for the heads up.

Hopefully I will find out something from Levittown Ford tomorrow because otherwise I am going to cancel and go to plan B.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Went ahead and ordered the Ford Performance wheel from Levittown and they are drop shipping it to DCTMS.

FYI - Mike at Levittown is fantastic to deal with! I don't even live in NY but their deals are excellent and he is a fun guy.
Did you end up ordering the heated wheel then? Did they end up matching Tasca's price?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts