Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any confirmation if any of the production parts on the RS will be composed of carbon fiber? I think I recall reading somewhere that the test mules have some carbon fiber, but has that been carried over to the production model?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have read that there will be no carbon fiber on the production model.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that there will be no carbon fiber on the production model.
That makes me sad. I wonder how hard it will be to do a carbon fiber wrap on the front black plastic area. It's the only part of the car I don't find appealing because I think it cheapens the feel of the car.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That makes me sad. I wonder how hard it will be to do a carbon fiber wrap on the front black plastic area. It's the only part of the car I don't find appealing because I think it cheapens the feel of the car.
Real carbon? Because the wrap looks terrible IMO.

That's where I must have read about the carbon fiber bumper. I'm hoping that makes it through to production.
It won't.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
yeah, unfortunately you're not getting big real carbon fiber parts on a bang for the buck car that's under $40k. That's just not where you spend the money on a car like this.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That's where I must have read about the carbon fiber bumper. I'm hoping that makes it through to production.
No chance that it'll be carbon. Not at this price point on a Focus.

And unless it's dry carbon then you might as well use other materials.. I'd rather have an aluminum panel than wet carbon (ignore the "dry carbon adverts for a $600 hood.. I'll believe it at $3k though). Obviously that won't work for a bumper.. but it'll be plastic.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, unfortunately you're not getting big real carbon fiber parts on a bang for the buck car that's under $40k. That's just not where you spend the money on a car like this.
That's fair. I'd rather have the money go into a robust AWD system at the production level, and I'll just put the money into carbon via after market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
KingZee
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing