Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, having transfered from a Volvo V70R several years ago, to a Fiesta ST, to now an RS. With that being said, I do have some reputation with the Volvo Community when I had my V70R

Intro aside, I have recently spoke with Martin from CZD Autoparts about a Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel group buy:

They appear to make steering wheels that are similar to the steering wheels that Vivid Racing Supplies:

I Asked about price, they would be $560 shipped to your door from China, if ordered one at a time. After asking if a group buy would be something he would entertain, he said that If we could get 10+ orders for steering wheels, we can get them for $500 shipped a piece.

These are pictures that Martin sent me:

That being said, this is a feeler thread to gauge interest. Once we can get 10+ people confirmed on board, we can send out the order. He mentioned about 10 working days to make the steering wheel, and 7 for shipping.

@ FocusRS.org mods / admins: If this isnt allowed / wrong place, please PM me so we can get this going.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tentatively interested, with some questions:

Are all wheels sent out going to be the same/similar as pictured, or is there a degree of customization? Alcantara, different carbon weaves, colored leather, essentially what Vivid is trying to sell.

Will heated elements be included in this price? Never going to give that up :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd be all over these wheels if heated option could be retained but i've yet to find one that offers this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Id be very interested in this as well. I was looking into a cali company that makes almost the same thing but no option for heated.. i mean i dont use the heated steering wheel often but when i do im always glad that i have it..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Or buy from China direct. If you use the company OHC you have so many choices on Carbon colour, stitching, material etc etc minimal cost involved.

Standard carbon wheel

LED Shift light version

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies everyone for the late reply; was installing some parts earlier ;)

i spoke with Martin; these steering wheels are NOT heated.

As for options: Napa leather or alcantra are $60 more, and the top center stripe color and stitching are customizable.

·
Registered
2017 FoRS mk3
48 Posts
I am interrested. Dont care about heating...

Is it possible to get a steering wheel like the one in the first picture, but with shift light, and with top center stiching (dont want a cheap looking screen).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love that guys are modding these up but I'm not a fan of smooth wheels. I would also like to see the area where we are supposed to be gripping the wheel (9&3) is much thicker. The wheel is really thick where I never hold it.....

·
Registered
2017 FoRS mk3
48 Posts
Am i the only one that cant see how you thoose the options for the wheel, when going to the webshop?

·
Registered
2017 FoRS mk3
48 Posts
How do you customize the steering wheel on Aliexpress?
I would contact them, but i dont see any contact informations, i feel kinda helpless =)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts