Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at CF spoilers, I've found the Anderson and the Seibon. Does anyone know of any options that mimic the stock spoiler but also retain the embossed RS on the sides?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Kuro makes one too but don't think it has the RS either. Think they make it without so can sell to ST guys too who wouldn't want the RS and making 2 separate molds is probably cost prohibitive.

Depending on how bad you want one with the RS you could maybe reach out to @Shimmer to see if he would make one.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The issue with molded in RS logos is draft release. Parts molded must be able to be removed, adding undercuts and such promote complications in design which will become cost prohibitive very quickly. Not saying I could not do it, it would just add into the fun, lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ventus Veloce.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ventus Veloce.

Aw man, that's perfect. This might just be me spending too much time on Lotustalk where everything is quantitative but is there any info on the difference in downforce between stock and the two blade Ventus?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The issue with molded in RS logos is draft release. Parts molded must be able to be removed, adding undercuts and such promote complications in design which will become cost prohibitive very quickly. Not saying I could not do it, it would just add into the fun, lol.
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be worth it for most manufacturers, I was just hoping there was at least one option that retained it, which it looks like there is.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aw man, that's perfect. This might just be me spending too much time on Lotustalk where everything is quantitative but is there any info on the difference in downforce between stock and the two blade Ventus?
If you're looking for more downforce you're better off going the gurney flap route over the VV wing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't think our stock wing or this VV wing provide any actual downforce. They are spoilers to relieve back pressure behind the car. You'd have to look at an actual big wing kit for downforce.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't expecting much out of it, more a reduction in lift than a net downforce but even the stock is an actual wing rather than a true spoiler. I am familiar with actual aerodynamics but I'm just used to the Lotus community where everything is quantitatively measured. My main concern was whether or not the VV wing had worse performance than stock in favor of more "aggressive" looks that aren't backed by actual CFD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want to go big...consider BattleAero

It will work for the RS but you have to get an ST spoiler first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well for one, the ST spoiler swap would be a good idea, but maybe someone could get it to work with the RS spoiler, I went the ST route. First issue is our euro hatch, the ST's have a US hatch I guess, with US license plate mounting. The battle aero mounting plate relies on the US mounting holes - so you're going to have to drill your hatch.

Other hatch issue is that our hatches have protrusions where the euro plate affixes, while the BA mount and ST hatches are flat. I elected to drill holes through the BA mount so that the hatch protrusions dont hang up the mount, they stick right through it.

Lastly I'm not sure if the ST's have a more open hatch door inside, but you're going to do all your bolt tightening through the opening that the latch occupies.

I might've even forgot something else I had to modify to fit by now, but its doable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts