Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
How durable is this? Like if I scrape/rub will it tear this apart? Is it more or less durable than stock?

·
Registered
319 Posts
How durable is this? Like if I scrape/rub will it tear this apart? Is it more or less durable than stock?
if this is the same one I got from Focusshop months ago, it's very durable. It's lighter and more rigid than the stock splitter, but one warning, prepare to invest in some serious time to install it as you have to remove quite a lot. If you have a lift, it would be a great help, otherwise using ramps like I did, it took about 2 hours. I haven't scraped or rubbed any so I can't speak on that, but I'd imagine it would scratch just like plastic would on concrete

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
if this is the same one I got from Focusshop months ago, it's very durable. It's lighter and more rigid than the stock splitter, but one warning, prepare to invest in some serious time to install it as you have to remove quite a lot. If you have a lift, it would be a great help, otherwise using ramps like I did, it took about 2 hours. I haven't scraped or rubbed any so I can't speak on that, but I'd imagine it would scratch just like plastic would on concrete
2 hours is serious mod time? Jeez...ever installed long tubes on a modern V8?

·
Registered
319 Posts
2 hours is serious mod time? Jeez...ever installed long tubes on a modern V8?
wasn't aware this was a competition. Was simply letting people know it's not a quick swap. maybe next time you are looking to increase your post count, start your own threads to show off what you've done in the past instead of hijacking other threads

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
wasn't aware this was a competition. Was simply letting people know it's not a quick swap. maybe next time you are looking to increase your post count, start your own threads to show off what you've done in the past instead of hijacking other threads
None of the above man, just some friendly ball-busting. I Guess that doesn't come across well in text...my bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts