Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First why is the RS's car cover so much more$ than a regular focus?

Next, never used a cover before, so a few questions.

Can you leave on outside, winter, rain, ice and just leave it there or do you have to take off every few days, weeks to let the car breath? Or is it just to keep dust of while in the garage?

How hard are they to get on, is it like making the bed and one corner is always pulling out, or is it just simple?

Are there better ones out there that are worth it or is this one just fine?

·
Registered
376 Posts
My guess is the wing, they have to make it special so lower volume means higher price. As far as durability, it prolly depends on the material. I've seen some that are basically just thin material to keep the dust off, and I've seen others that are practically hurricane proof. As for the ease of putting it on, I would assume the thin stretchy ones are like the sheet while the thicker ones are more like a bbq cover.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hopefully at $375 it's a top shelf cover with padding of some sort.
My question is does it come with the RS logo on it as on the price and build website.
New picture doesn't show logo anymore!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Having a garage I don't think I'd ever use one of these. I imagine the first day it was parked in the lot at work with the cover on I'd catch soooo much flak from my co-workers haha.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I never thought about using it while parking at work lol I almost ordered it but I finally have a garage! That is genius though, I'm so worried about where I'm gonna park at work. Being at a dealership cars are always driving around the lot coming and going so the chance of damage is very high.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I never thought about using it while parking at work lol I almost ordered it but I finally have a garage! That is genius though, I'm so worried about where I'm gonna park at work. Being at a dealership cars are always driving around the lot coming and going so the chance of damage is very high.
I saw the cover in one of the videos it was lined on the inside, i did not see any RS badge on it......

·
Registered
434 Posts
Waste of money unless your gonna store it inside
Your not gonna put it on a dirty car unless u careless about the paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Waste of money unless your gonna store it inside
Your not gonna put it on a dirty car unless u careless about the paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought about that after posting. Mine will be a DD, so there's zero point in owning a cover.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The Ford RS Cover looks as though it would only be beneficial for those whom aren't using this vehicle as a DD and it will be kept in a garage.

Car Covers as a whole are a catch 22. Yes, they'll protect your vehicle from dust and more extensive covers will take that a step further and prevent bird poo and other environmental contaminants from contacting your vehicle, but that's about it. Waterproof car covers are great for very light rain, but anything more and the water will be absorbed. This is because car covers are porous, to allow air flow in and out. Finally, every time you put the cover on, you have to make sure your vehicle is spotless, because any dirt or debris will most certainly marr and scratch the paint.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will have the RS on the front, possibly blue like the RS emblem. The covers offered for the MK1 RS did. The cover used at the Goodwood Festival of Speed was blue, hopefully the same.

Plus the covers as tailored like a suit to fit the car, wing, mirrors. Ones that are made for a particular car are easier to put on than the one size fits all type. Most covers are made for multi fitting applications, small, compact, midsize and full size, generally don't have the fit you would like but yes they work. If its not to windy they might stay on, you can always bungee underneath from side to side helps. There are the better ones that repel water to a point, and soft micro fiber underneath

They might rib you at work about using one, but it offers protection from nosey people and door dings too. You could park waaaay out in the parking lot but theres aways one jerk off that will park next to you just because you didn't want someone besides you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did not see a car cover on the option list when ordering the FoRS. Did I miss that?
Covers were offered as an option on Boss302, GT500 and came standard with the GT.

Is the cover in discussion purchased at the Ford Parts Counter?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The cover was part of the Canadian Package on the Ford Canada build site, It was pictured with a set of alloy wheels/tires, but has since removed for some reason. The cover was silver or grey with blue script. It looked like a light weight dust cover. nice for those who will store the car for winter. It looked a lot like the silky cover that I had with my Shelby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts