Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I replaced my usb hub (again) and now apple play is working. I probably had a faulty hub the first time.

2016 RS owner here. I recently switched from android to apple and i am having problems connecting to carplay now that I switched. For background, i already updated to sync 3 and i changed the usb port in the center console. Android Auto worked fine with my pixel, even worked in both USB ports.

However, now that i switched to Iphone I cant get carplay to come up. I've used multiple cables (included cables from apple) and cant get the carplay prompt to come up after plugging in the iphone. The iphone connects to bluetooth fine, and when I plug it into the usb ports, Sync recognizes my iphone being connected, it just wont open carplay.

I've ensured that carplay is enabled in Screen Time settings (screen time -> Content and Privacy Restrictions -> Allowed Apps) and Siri is enabled. I feel like i've tried every option available online but dont understand why there is nothing coming up.

Sync is updated to the latest version (confirmed on the Ford website) and my iphone is updated to the latest version as well. I have tried the master reset function in the settings of sync and I have reset the head unit by holding the power and >> buttons at the same time.

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
Do you have another iPhone to test with?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its an "at your own risk" thing. There's threads on here and FocusST.org, and all the FXXX truck sites about it. Pretty common to get some more performance out of the existing hardware.

Sync 3.4 Upgrade

I was trying to get confirmation that you had to be on software later than 3.0 to get it to work, but I can't find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.