Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would cancel their order of the RS if any of the trusted reviewers give negative feedback after finally getting to drive it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
To nit pick...

If "any" no.

If "all", probably (depends on the reasons). I really like my ST so if there's some catastrophic issue with the RS then I'd be plenty happy with keeping my ST.

In reality I don't think we have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
376 Posts
To nit pick...

If "any" no.

If "all", probably (depends on the reasons). I really like my ST so if there's some catastrophic issue with the RS then I'd be plenty happy with keeping my ST.

In reality I don't think we have anything to worry about.
This, it all depends on what exactly they say. If it sounds like it is something that can be fixed with the aftermarket, then prolly not. But if the car is trying to kill every person that drives it...... that's a different story. But like X said, most likely nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have no doubts that the RS will live up to and exceed the hype. There have already been ride alongs with several reviewers who have great things to say about how the car handles, accelerates, brakes, sounds, and performs around the track from the passenger seat. I have no reason to believe that the experience will go downhill when those reviewers get into the drivers seat (hopefully soon).

·
Registered
659 Posts
This, it all depends on what exactly they say. If it sounds like it is something that can be fixed with the aftermarket, then prolly not. But if the car is trying to kill every person that drives it...... that's a different story. But like X said, most likely nothing to worry about.
If the car is trying to kill everyone who drives it, it might make me want it more. I love cars with a flair for the dramatic.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I wouldn't never cancel. There are know perfect cars without any issues. I think the Finance guys are going to have a field day selling marked up service plans to guys worried about the RS breaking down and not being solid. That won't happen with me.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Live with your mistake and learn to love.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The only thing that would kill it for me, would be 20mpg highway. My 2015 F150 gets better that that lol...

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Who would cancel their order of the RS if any of the trusted reviewers give negative feedback after finally getting to drive it.
I would say then then that my "trusted" reviewers can no longer be trusted.

I have read and analyzed and read and analyzed ..... everything I could find about the RS ... and it looks to be phenomenal!

I have an ST and basically love just about everything about it: power, 6-speed, hatchback, Recaro seats , even Nav, even Radio (I am pretty picky about audio and actually the Sony system isn't that bad) , blu tooth , HID lights. The only thing I don't like is how the FWD handle power especially in turns and the intial torque steer.

So if you like the ST (especially ST3 level) then the RS is AWD (solves my one issue with ST) , more power (always use more power), has a cool sounding exhaust and audio is now Sync3

Now what could be wrong with RS ? It would have been nice to have some of the safety features offered overseas(cross-traffic alert, lane keep, dynamic cruise, blind spot monitoring. auto door guards) , full LED lights, a McIntosh audio upgrade ( hey Ford offers it in the Ford GT), cooled seats , better interior, a couple of more inches rear seat leg room. However, I can live with what is being on the RS in the USA.

Now, the car reviewers are going to compare it to the Golf R and say it doesn't have DSG and Golf R with DSG is about the same 0-60. And they are going to say the Golf R has a better interior.

They are also going to compare it to the Mercedes AMG A45 and say the RS is slower. However, they will not mention the A45 price or the fact it is automatic only.

No, I seriously doubt that the Car reviewers are going anything really wrong with the RS :D

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
843 Posts
I don't think I'll get the chance. I got an allocation on day 1 of orders and am selected for scheduling... by the time reviewers can find issues mine will already be on a boat if not in the US. Any minor flaws like the terrible intercooler on the st can be fixed by the aftermarket, and will be something I can help people solve with Focus RS Shop ( https://www.focusrsshop.com ).

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I am looking forward to a track comparison between the Golf R, AMG45, Audi hatch and any other interested parties. I'll be very surprised if the RS doesn't kick a$$ and take names. Car and Driver should be planning an event like this. I'm expecting HUGE raves.

I'll be interested in the nitpicks, too.

Jim

Reactions: StevenP

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't think I'll get the chance. I got an allocation on day 1 of orders and am selected for scheduling... by the time reviewers can find issues mine will already be on a boat if not in the US. Any minor flaws like the terrible intercooler on the st can be fixed by the aftermarket, and will be something I can help people solve with Focus RS Shop ( https://www.focusrsshop.com ).
You're not locked into buying anything until you sign the paperwork. I've already signed a purchase agreement and if you read the fine print if you fail to purchase the car you're only liable for expenses incurred by the dealer as a result of you not buying it, which is what? nothing? since they'll sell it to the next guy in line?

That last part seems like a post designed to pitch your website. ಠ_ಠ

·
Registered
843 Posts
You're not locked into buying anything until you sign the paperwork. I've already signed a purchase agreement and if you read the fine print if you fail to purchase the car you're only liable for expenses incurred by the dealer as a result of you not buying it, which is what? nothing? since they'll sell it to the next guy in line?

That last part seems like a post designed to pitch your website. ಠ_ಠ
True true. Not sure I'd want to forfeit my deposit. And even with issues, could probably still sell the car and come out even.

And yeah, it kinda was. I won't deny it. lol

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
The only thing that would kill it for me, would be 20mpg highway. My 2015 F150 gets better that that lol...
With the talk of it being heavily fwd biased during normal driving, I don't see how 20 mpg highway is even a possibility. Even my wrx and evo were 23-27 mpg highway depending on tune and parts. Wrx was 300 whp 350 tq making 26 mpg highway.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
With the talk of it being heavily fwd biased during normal driving, I don't see how 20 mpg highway is even a possibility. Even my wrx and evo were 23-27 mpg highway depending on tune and parts. Wrx was 300 whp 350 tq making 26 mpg highway.
Good to know... I'm hoping the RS gets around 30 highway. I can get 33 with my ST driving local 2 lane roads at around 60mph.

·
Registered
38 Posts

^^^ is the reason I'm buying a RS (notice the giggling and "woohoooo" from the blonde). The ST already enjoys a bit of sideways action, how can a version with 100 more hp, AWD and a drift mode not be more fun??

And the RS seems to fix most of the issues with the ST:

ST RS

no cooling for the brakes brake cooling ducks & bigger brakes

open Diff fancy AWD system w/ a fancy rear diff

engine temps during track use massive radiator & intercooler

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
2016 Ford Focus RS mileage = 21/29/23 21 City, 29 Highway, 23 Combined

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - If you drive it like you stole it and are always on boost, you probably won't get the EPA mpg figures :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
2016 Ford Focus RS mileage SHOULD BE 21/29/23 21 City, 29 Highway, 23 Combined

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - If you drive it like you stole it and are always on boost, you probably won't get the EPA mpg figures :rolleyes:
FTFY. EPA estimates are still TBD on the Ford website.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts