Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, are there any differences between the Canadian Builds vs the U.S builds?
ie, we get the Hid/Led DRL headlamps with corning functionality (Not confirmed for the U.S?)
Our builds are faster (Higher numbers on our speedometers)?:p
Cool 2nd Boost gauge (in the select menu)
Anything worth mentioning?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Canada only gets fully loaded RS's whereas the US has a few options. Also MPH and KMH obviously. Pretty sure the headlights are the same and don't include the cornering functionality like the EU spec do, but not entirely sure on that front. We should get the boost gauge in the select menu though. Other than that I think the US and Canadian RS's will be pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer checked into the Headlamps with the higher ups and stated Canadians do indeed get the HId/LED DTR lamp system, with cornering function. "It adjusts the angle of the light beams according to the speed and steering angle" I really hope he was right as this system would really be nice in my neck of the woods!

·
Registered
320 Posts
My dealer checked into the Headlamps with the higher ups and stated Canadians do indeed get the HId/LED DTR lamp system, with cornering function. "It adjusts the angle of the light beams according to the speed and steering angle" I really hope he was right as this system would really be nice in my neck of the woods!
I also have the Canadian Ordering Bulletin sent to dealers and I can confirm the cornering lights too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All RS are manufactured in Germany. Ford produces global vehicles.
If the ST is any indication of what to expect we'll only get two options for a package MK1.5 or MK3.

·
Registered
105 Posts
??? Mk1.5 mk3...
So when I was buying the ST in Canada and doing my research, the US had 3 packages for the ST
Basic - mark 1 or MK1 for short, slight upgrade or MK2, and the bees knees MK3.
In Canada however we only had 2 packages.
One was similar to the MK1 that existed in the U.S. but differed slightly with a few upgrades from MK2.
Hence MK1.5 since it wasn't quite MK1 or MK2 as in the U.S.
And then we had the top MK3 package, which had all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The "cornering" function that you are referring to might be called "adaptive lighting" for the US. From the description of what your dealer told you, they both sound the same.

-Kb

·
Registered
418 Posts
The "cornering" function that you are referring to might be called "adaptive lighting" for the US. From the description of what your dealer told you, they both sound the same.

-Kb
Copied from the Ford of Canada dealership order guide:

● HID Headlamps with LED Signature Lighting and Cornering Functionality

·
Registered
558 Posts
Still errors on the Ford.ca RS spec list - it has both a mini spare tire and a tire repair kit down as standard in the "power and handling" specs. Order guide only has the latter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
Devon K
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing