Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So reports coming out of UK that the RS pricing has increased yesterday. RS Price rises from £28,940 to £29,999, an increase of £1059. I wonder if we will see this increase trickle across the pond.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you ordered, you are locked in. At least in america

·
Registered
386 Posts
Look closely at your VOC or DORA. It explicitly states that it is not an Invoice, and goes on to particularly point out that the price is not fixed by the order.i It even states that, "Prices may be changed without notice".
Yeah noticed that while back. Was concern about it. We will see in next few weeks/months what happens with price.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
could easily effect the US as noted. I have a DORA that says prices subject to change, but I have a order form with prices that I signed, so who knows.
I could see the price going up though, but signed orders might be ok

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have a signed form from my dealer also

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I read about it in the UK they will honor their price for anyone that pre-ordered. After that the new price is applicable. Hopefully, if it does happen, the same will apply to us here.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have a signed buyers agreement. The pink copy that comes with every new car I ve ever bought. It has sale price, tax, tags, all other fees too. On the back in fine print it says the only way the price can change is if the price increase is due to state or federally mandated equipment being added to the car. When the price changes I'm then able to cancel the sale and be refunded my deposit, if I wish too. I'm hoping that whatever happens im locked in at 38277.85 otd

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll go with a base STi if they try to keep using the price. I'm so sick of the lack of transparency and lack of credible information. It's like the dealers are are keeping people in the dark just to exploit others for money. I have always wanted Ford to make this car long before they even announced it. Now it seems like some people are forgetting it is still a focus. Hopefully closer to build dates we can get some more information.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Sucks to hear that there could actually be a manufacturer driven price increase on this car in the UK. We're all here complaining about dealers being greedy and this would be Ford, setting a pretty bad example themselves. If this comes to the US I'll be really disappointed. For those that were saying they don't care about the profits on this car and it's a "halo car"...I think this clears up any misconception that Ford, or any car manufacturer for that matter, doesn't care about profits on any given vehicle.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sucks to hear that there could actually be a manufacturer driven price increase on this car in the UK. We're all here complaining about dealers being greedy and this would be Ford, setting a pretty bad example themselves. If this comes to the US I'll be really disappointed. For those that were saying they don't care about the profits on this car and it's a "halo car"...I think this clears up any misconception that Ford, or any car manufacturer for that matter, doesn't care about profits on any given vehicle.
I'm not sure I see this as the OEM being greedy. If this is true that they're increasing prices I imagine that they are probably working on getting production ready and they ran into some major unforeseen cost increase. I think there would need to be a pretty good reason for an OEM to change the price of a car after they've officially announced it. I don't think anyone is buying this car because Ford is taking a loss. So in that respect the price increase is meaningless. However, if the cost of the car is now greater than your perceived value of the car then of course you're not going to buy it and that's perfectly reasonable.

I think this is different from a dealer ADM. The dealer has a profit margin already baked into the MSRP. That profit on a car like this requires practically no work on the dealer's part. So when the dealer tries to hike the price because of scarcity or great demand I think that's different than the OEM trying to break even or make a profit on the product that they actually made versus a legally required distributor trying to make a bigger profit than what most would consider fair. Whether any of this is right or wrong though is more or less a philosophical question.

Personally I don't think dealer ADM is right, so I vote with my dollar. I talked to several dealers that were trying to charge me 3k-5K over MSRP and I told them in no uncertain terms that I wasn't interested. That exchange is exactly what capitalism is about. Right or wrong? You decide.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I'm not sure I see this as the OEM being greedy. If this is true that they're increasing prices I imagine that they are probably working on getting production ready and they ran into some major unforeseen cost increase. I think there would need to be a pretty good reason for an OEM to change the price of a car after they've officially announced it. I don't think anyone is buying this car because Ford is taking a loss. So in that respect the price increase is meaningless. However, if the cost of the car is now greater than your perceived value of the car then of course you're not going to buy it and that's perfectly reasonable.

I think this is different from a dealer ADM. The dealer has a profit margin already baked into the MSRP. That profit on a car like this requires practically no work on the dealer's part. So when the dealer tries to hike the price because of scarcity or great demand I think that's different than the OEM trying to break even or make a profit on the product that they actually made versus a legally required distributor trying to make a bigger profit than what most would consider fair. Whether any of this is right or wrong though is more or less a philosophical question.

Personally I don't think dealer ADM is right, so I vote with my dollar. I talked to several dealers that were trying to charge me 3k-5K over MSRP and I told them in no uncertain terms that I wasn't interested. That exchange is exactly what capitalism is about. Right or wrong? You decide.
My assumption is that Ford saw how much interest there was in the car and realized they would have no problems selling it for $1k more. I don't think this is due to any unforeseen costs honestly but it's possible. Hopefully it doesn't make its way into the US.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My assumption is that Ford saw how much interest there was in the car and realized they would have no problems selling it for $1k more. I don't think this is due to any unforeseen costs honestly but it's possible. Hopefully it doesn't make its way into the US.
I could see that being the case for a 2017 MY, but I would think that the bad PR from that move wouldn't be worth the profits made.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
If they increased the price, I would most likely forgo one or both options I requested. That being the Nitrous Blue....change it to white and the moonroof. I was told that I could make changes up to the point of getting a VIN#. Im not sure how accurate that info is from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Nissan did this with the GTR, but never mid model year.

Ford would have to wait until MY17 for this not to be an utter PR disaster.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nissan did this with the GTR, but never mid model year.

Ford would have to wait until MY17 for this not to be an utter PR disaster.
I agree. It says on their website 29,999 and most of the news articles I see show the previous lower price of 28,940. However, on Ford's website is says...

This is the normal 'On the Road' retail price for the model shown and includes items such as delivery to Dealer, Vehicle Excise Duty, vehicle first registration fee, cost of number plates (estimated) and VAT (at 20%) but excludes the retail Customer Saving.
So maybe there was something that was not factored into the previous price that now is factored in, like delivery?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts